Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Kent, I am bringing it to Treffen....it has been 4 years since I brought it to Cambria....hard to believe. Scott, Marco...I have been working on 'tuning the MFI' and it seems to be running pretty well now. I don't think it will be ready to run at the Sports Purpose Day event though. I want to get the suspension and engine totally dialed in before I take it out at the SPD... or you guys will all make me look bad if it isn't right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Thumbs up

Gib,

No one's taking times buddy...
    Get the suspension close and bring it out to the track... No better place for test and adjust...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Still working on the suspension setup (setting toe, camber), but decided to play around at the end of the day with the camera. I was looking at Nicolas's painting the other day and it occurred to me to take a picture of the car in the same pose. (...ok, I was tired of wrenching on the car, dirty, and ready for a diversion. )
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 04-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Nice Gib. Helluva car.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Smile

I finally decided to replace the cracked dash since I had a near perfect one on the shelf...and I am not going to do any more projects, so no need to save it. It is an original, so it has good patina...and fits.

I took the car to my local shop (Stuttgart Southwest) to get the final alignment correct. With the wide tires and stance, it tends to follow any groves or ridges in pavement. It turns in very quickly with very slight input, and feels as nimble as a young cat.

I have been running with the FAST Air/Fuel system hooked up again to see how the MFI pump is delivering fuel. With the High Butterfly stacks, a lot of air gets sucked in very quickly when those 50 mm throttle plates are opened, and I want to be sure it is not running too lean. I still have the rev limiter set around 6500, so I am not pushing any limits yet. The engine pulls with linear torque through the upper rev range, and with the short stroke crank, it gets there quickly. The A/F was around 13 to 13.5 as it hit the higher rev range when I am heavy on the throttle, so I have adjusted one click richer on the main rack screw, and will make another run. This is a fun process, as now the car is getting dialed in better, and it is satisfying to see the positive results.

Edit: Have now set the rev limit to 7300 or so. The engine just keeps pulling all the way to the limit. Cams are GE 40
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 05-06-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Sounds like you are having some fun! Will you be bringing it to Treffen?
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    Kent, I am bringing it to Treffen....it has been 4 years since I brought it to Cambria....hard to believe. Scott, Marco...I have been working on 'tuning the MFI' and it seems to be running pretty well now. I don't think it will be ready to run at the Sports Purpose Day event though. I want to get the suspension and engine totally dialed in before I take it out at the SPD... or you guys will all make me look bad if it isn't right.
    C'mon, Gib. Bring the car to SPD...

Chris Messano and I both drove at the track event last year - both of us with broken rear sway bars - all day long. Then we chased Chris and Chuck to the event hotel.

We didn't care, and it was a blast.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Gib,

No one's taking times buddy...
    Get the suspension close and bring it out to the track... No better place for test and adjust...
    Well Chuck....here are some pics of my Arizona track.....and no one's taking times out here either... It's a little dusty, hard to make adjustments in the dirt, and hard to get support if you break down, but the scenery is great, and there are no cops to worry about.

Just kidding of course....a guy could run over a lizard or something out here and then PITA would be all over me....
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Well, Treffen was great fun! So many wonderful cars, the variety and quality kept a guy walking around the parking lot lap after lap. You stand back and gaze from a distance, and then walk up and gather in all the little details that make R Gruppe cars so enthralling. The R Gruppe organizers choreographed it all with every activity coming off like clock work, which created a relaxed and easy going atmosphere so that nothing got in the way of enjoying the cars.

My favorites are always the STs, although I appreciate them all. Randy Wells and Scott Longballa drove their 72 STs from the northwest, did the Sports Purpose Day at Willow Springs before coming to the Santa Ynez Marriott gathering. Quite a long trip before some real driving at the track, and then visiting with friends in the parking lot....about as good as it gets. I on the other hand was not so courageous...trailering the Kremer ST from the Phoenix area. Still, as always, gathering and visiting with old and new friends from all over the world never gets old. I'm sure pics will be posted by better photographers than me...but here are Randy's and Scott's STs, plus the 'green beast'. This was Number 14 since the first gathering in Cambria in 2000.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17