Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Car looks great, glad you got to get it out for some exercise.
    You do have some great photo locations.
    65 356SC Dolphin Gray
    66 912 Green
    69 911E Tangerine
    72 911T GP White
    72 911T Aubergine
    72 911T Lilac
    72 911S Black (voodoo)
    86 911 GP White Targa (now sons)
    90 964C4 Black Targa
    94 964C2 Black Coupe
    08 GT3 Speed Yellow

Great shots Gib. Thanks for sharing.

Nice to see it out and about. It looks great in the desert sun. So, everyone wants to know, what's it like at 8000RPM in 3rd?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Marco, no 8k as I have a 7500 rev limit, and with the 66 stroke it gets there quickly. The GE40 cams combined with the 50 mm HB throttle plates give the engine lots of breath and a glorious sound in the upper rev range.

Most questions from the Scottsdale event were about the muffler, front trunk oil lines and coolers, and the D'IETEREN plate next to the VIN plate. Here are some pics of the muffler configuration, a Flowmaster Crossflow, which gives great sound and is about 12 lb. lighter than a factory muffler. The crossover oil lines are aluminum, which I bent to fit the trunk and coolers. Coolers are factory wide-mouth Behr units, only used on 72 MY cars. The original 72T was initially imported into Belgium, and D'IETEREN FRERES was the sole importer of Porsche cars to Belgium in the day, and they attached a plate to identify their role. BTW, in case you wondered, the battery is in the smuggler's box.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib, I wanted to add an oil cooler to my 72. Is the Behr still available? Will a newer cooler for a G-car like my 87 fit in there? Any help is appreciated.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Serge:

The large mouth (30 mm) Behr coolers are hard to find and expensive since they are so rare for one MY only. Almost any of the later Porsche coolers will fit and work, as will several aftermarket units. There are many threads on here and Pelican with comments on mounting them...do a search. I used the brass 28 tube coolers on my 72 Light Yellow ST. All the coolers will fit without removing the battery boxes if you are careful with the mounting arrangement.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I saw these wide mouth coolers were also in the 954 (scrs) parts cat. I wonder why they stuck with these ten
    Years later instead of going with the radiator or brass coolers?

I was asked about seeing more detailed pics of the crossover line brackets, so here they are. They are a 2 piece design with the bottom one having legs that are attached to the shelf via stainless screws/nylock nuts, and the tubes are wrapped in a rubber piece to insulate them from vibration and from transferring heat. The top bracket is a U-shaped piece that simply holds the tubes in place, and are attached to the bottom piece with 4 stainless screws with nylock nuts. The 2 piece design allows the installation of the bottom bracket and placement of the tubes on the top of the bracket, and then simply attaching the top bracket in place to hold the tubes firmly in place.

Please excuse the Arizona dust...
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Being a newbie I'm still catching up with many great threads here.....many thanks Gib, yours are truly inspirational (i.e. I steal your ideas! )....you've built some truly awesome works of art

I like my cars skinny although thinking maybe one day my Mongrel might gain some width!....the ST look sure is hard to beat!

Thanks for messing with mind....all happy thoughts!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Darren65 View Post
    Being a newbie I'm still catching up with many great threads here.....many thanks Gib, yours are truly inspirational (i.e. I steal your ideas! )....you've built some truly awesome works of art

I like my cars skinny although thinking maybe one day my Mongrel might gain some width!....the ST look sure is hard to beat!

Thanks for messing with mind....all happy thoughts!

Cheers,
    Thanks for the kind comments. I have always liked a little wider look on my long hoods. Here are a couple that I have modified with RS flares...my first 72 in Bahia Red had a wonderful 2.7 RS spec MFI engine shown at the second R Gruppe gathering in Cambria 2001, and a couple of years later I built a 73T with MFI in Tangerine into an R Gruppe hot rod. But since then, it has been all wide-body builds. Once a guy goes down the 'wide-body rabbit hole' there is no recovery...maybe it's a coming of age thing...

(John Goriup took the Martini shot)
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17