Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Here are some pics of the 72 ST recreation I have been working on for awhile. Just got the car back from paint shop, and starting to get the oil lines installed. New paint is really inspirational...just looking from any angle during a break gets the juices flowing again. Bumpers just clamped to see fit.

Gib Bosworth
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by letsrollbabe; 11-26-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Gib,
    I'm envious of your panel gaps. Nice job.

Sherwood

Thanks, Sherwood...but lots more work to do before those gaps and other details are anchored for real. Here is the Kremer car that is my inspiration. And the yellow/red squigglies are coming.

Gib

Looks like its going to be even more stunning than your old RSR, which is no mean feat! Keep up the good work.
    Zach Mayne
    1969 911T, 1988 924S, 1985 635CSi, some Alfas and a Fiat....

Very very nice!!!!
    are the rear flares/bumpers made of steel or fiber?
    #rennfrog

Thumbs up

Gib

FANTASTIC! It is looking great. Cant wait to see the end result.

I presume you have al of these old pics of the Kremer car?

what a great car to pay a tribute to
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Gib,
    You have a PM regarding the interview we did at SLO about your ST.

John Dilger
    John Dilger

Interview at SLO about your ST

Gib,
    You have a PM regarding the interview we did at SLO about your ST.

John Dilger

I have been asked about the ID plate next to the VIN plate on the latch panel. This 72 T was built for a Belgium dealer or customer apparently, as the tag has Brussels printed on it. The data stamped mostly duplicates the factory plate so not sure why it was used. Maybe someone from Belgium could comment about why this was done.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Quote Originally Posted by letsrollbabe View Post
    I have been asked about the ID plate next to the VIN plate on the latch panel. This 72 T was built for a Belgium dealer or customer apparently, as the tag has Brussels printed on it. The data stamped mostly duplicates the factory plate so not sure why it was used. Maybe someone from Belgium could comment about why this was done.
    Hi Gib,
    This is in fact a tag that D'ieteren, as official Porsche importer, had to rivet on all the cars that were imported in Belgium.
    It does proof that the car does have a Belgian homologation number (PVA).
    SA before the name D'ietenen means Société annonime and behind the name there is NV (naamloze vennootschap), this is the juridical type of company (meaning Ltd).
    MARQUE-MERK (means obviously the maque of the car)
    PVA Proces Verbal d'agreation: which is the number of homologation given by the Belgian ministry of transport.
    Then there is the cars type which in this case should be a T.
    Probably the homologation number given by the ministry of transport is the same for the T as it is for the E (I never checked that).
    On the last line you have:
    PMA (poids maximal admis)/ HTG (hoogst toegelaten gewicht): the total weight allowed id 1.400 kg.
    PMA-TRAIN (poids maximal en trainé)/HTG-SLEEP (hoogst toegelaten gewicht in sleep) which means the total towing weight of 2.000 kg.
    As Belgium is a bilingual contry all the official statements and tags have to carry both languages.
    I hope this gives you the explanation you were looking for.
    Kind regards,
    JD