Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    Gib,

Here's one I took last year... from a different angle ...

Man, I have a bunch from RSIII that I've never posted...

Cheers bud.... your car is look'n GREAT!!!!

Chuck:

Great shot! I would like to see more of the pics you took. Could you burn a CD for me and bring it to GAF? I will find a way to pay you....maybe a few beers at the Marriott. Bob sent me a CD earlier of the restoration at Morespeed and I have looked at it soooo many times. Thanks.

Gib

Looks great Gib! agree with above that it's good to have the choice, you can swop them around for different meets, and have spares in case of cracks!
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Picked up the engine yesterday, and will get it installed soon. Engine specs are: 2.5L 66 mm crank/90 mm bore, 10.5 CR, GE 60 cams, 38 mm TBs, 38/35 I/E ports, modified MFI space cam, estimated 269 hp @ 7000, 238 lb-ft @ 5000, with 196 lb-ft @ 3500. The computer program estimates 270 hp @ 8000, so a lot of rpm range available with near peak power. The GE 60s have 102 deg lobe centers which provides more mid range torque because of less valve overlap. The MFI pump is sealed from engine oil. Case is 7R with shuffle pins and all updated mods.

Gib

Edit:

Just realized I hadn't reinstalled the wire end rubbers after threading them through all the loops. Also, plug wires 5B and 6B are missing, but on the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice headers. Who made 'em?

Nice distributor, too. Who made it?
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

hi Gib, looks fantastic you must be thrilled!
    Bet you can't wait to get it in the car now.........
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Mr9146:
    The distributor is by JB Racing and is a very nice looking piece of work, designed new from the ground up. Uses modified Jaguar cap, which is affordable. Hope it works as good as it looks. Feedback is that others have been very happy with it.

The dizzy will work through dual 6 pin Bosch CDI boxes.

Headers are SS ones I have had...can't remember where I got them. They are nicely done too. Will use a dual outlet muffler for now until I can get things sorted through.

Mike:
    Thanks for the encouragement. As you well know, the first "thrill" is just seeing it all together for the first time...later this week...if the creek don't rise.
    Vinyl graphics will be installed on Tuesday. Car should be "assembled" by the end of the week....in time to be trailered to SLO. It will not be running as I want to sort through all fuel, electrical, mechanical systems one last time before running the engine.

Gib

Here are pics with the vinyl graphics on. Getting closer to the finished look. Just need to get the seats and roll bar in plus the drive train in so the rear comes down.

Gib

More pics.

Gib

Fantastic job. Where did you source your fan shroud?

Thanks.

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Fantastic Gabe !!! Who's your engine builder ??
    Peter
    Early 911S Registry #1224
    911 T/R Inspired Vintage Racer - Retired
    2010 VW Touareg TDI - Torque Monster
    2010 Radical SR3RS - CSR Sports Racer
    Don't Drive Faster than your Guardian Angel can Fly...