Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I talked with Harvey Weidman who said that the earliest date code he has seen on an 11x15 Fuchs is Nov. 71, so the pictures Hugh posted previously show the Kremer ST possibly with a pair of 11s on the rear, with 9s on the front.

Not sure what the FIA rules would have been in effect for these races, but Kremer appears to be pushing the envelope a bit. I wonder if other cars ran with these "RSR wheels".

Anybody have any pictures?

Gib
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Hugh Hodges sent me these 2 shots of the Kremer car from the 73 Daytona race, and it appears they were using 9+11 Fuchs (or are they still 9s in the rear with very wide tires?), which were available for the RSRs. Does anyone have any more pics of the car at Daytona?

Varunan123:
    That picture of the Kremer restoration with the BBS rears looks like 16" BBS rims, not the flat rimmed 15s. I wonder if this ST continued to run in 75/76 when the 16 inch tires came along? Or maybe 16" race tires were available in 73...anybody know for sure?

Gib

Gib,

A few photos I took of the car at the Moorspeed display area at RRIII last weekend.

Best, John Z
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

John:

Thanks for these pics, I wish I could have been there.

I find it interesting that the restored car shows #61 (which was the number used at Estoril in Nov. 72), but with Minilites on the rear and painted 7" Fuchs in front. If you look at the historical picture of that race it shows the car with 9" Fuchs in front with BBS wheels rear. It also shows the car with metal rear bumpers with removed bumperettes, not a one piece fiber glass rear bumper like the RSRs.

Gib

Kremer's ST often had specifics(custom) front and rear flares...
    #rennfrog

Hi Gib,

Here are some details I shot at RR III. The reason I did not photograph the front trunk was the owner did not want me to (it currently has a modern fuel safe in it). BTW, I bought a pair of early turbo flares and will be completing my own ST "tribute" 911 in the next couple of years (with long stroke 2.5 motor). Looking good, Gib!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Gib,

That's simply 914 engine grill material where the front grill mounted cutoff switch is (and covering the fog light openings).

I also have a Bosch cutoff switch if anyone needs one.

E.
    Eric - Sandy, Utah
    71 911
    914-6/GT
    914-6/ORV
    87 944 Spec 1
    Porsche Truck
    62 Beetle
    80 VW “Caddy” Pickup
    72 R75/5 Toaster Tank
    PMB Performance
    We'll Make Your Calipers New Again
    Love Us On Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Neunelfer
    Gib,

I also have a Bosch cutoff switch if anyone needs one.

E.
    PM sent. thanks!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

E.
    I have a couple of the Bosch switches already, thanks. (Maybe Randy will take it.) I came to the same conclusion about the grill material, so I have bought a couple of 914 grills for the horn grill covers, brake cooling openings, and engine lid opening cover.

Randy:
    Which 72 will you be using for the project? Thanks for the pics, it is always good to get shots from different angles.

OliveR:
    Yes, looking at pics of their ST at various track events from early 72 to early 73 you can see that they did continue to modify the flares...making them bigger in the rear. I have not seen any pics of them using Minilites in the rear, nor green centered Fuchs in front, but I sure would like to see more pics that guys may have out there that haven't been posted.

Gib