Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Kremer ST Recreation in progress

Gib, thanks for sharing the journey of this beautiful car with us over these years. Your passion and enthusiasm has been an inspiration.

Going out my driveway for the last time...and heading to Texas. Hopefully, I will see it next March at the Hill Country Rally...which I plan to attend...with the Light Yellow ST. It was really after dark when these shots were taken...so they are real grainy.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I've been there. It hurts to see them go. But, now you can build another one!!
    72S, 72T now ST

Registered User #1757
    This morning I was lucky enough to take Gib's fabulous car out for the first time. After reading this thread front to back over the years I felt I knew the car... oh how little I "knew"!! Gib put his heart and soul into the car and his enthusiasm is contagious. I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to own this fabulous creation! This very thread is what motivated me to start a 72 ST project a couple of years back, never would I have thought I'd get the chance to buy the car that inspired me so much. All I can say is I spent the morning giggling like a school girl at how much fun this car is to drive. It fired right up and luckily I didn't have to wait too long for it to come up to temperature here in Austin. What glorious music when the quick reving 2.5l SS comes on cam -- the surge of power is amazing above 6k rpm's & all I can say is triple digits come on FAST in this car

As many of you know David at Moorespeed here in Austin restored the original Kremer car and, as luck would have it, the Kremer Recreation car is back in the same shop now. Gib was kind enough to include the original HB MFI kit with the car and David will be working to get it installed and tuned in the very near future. Other plans will be to add a 100L tank from Bert as I know I wont be able to find enough petrol stations out in the west hills where this car will now spend its time.

Likely the best part of my acquiring this car is making a new friend in the process. I've bought and sold quite a few cars over the years and never has a transaction been easier or more fun! Gib, I thoroughly have enjoyed getting to know you and cant wait for you to bring the LY ST to the Hill Country Rally next spring.

With Gib's permission I'll try to keep you all updated on the car from time to time. My photography skills are no where near up the standard of this thread so my apologies in advance...

All the best and thanks again Gib!

Shrews

Thumbs up

Big congrats Shrews............

Ya'got quite a car............ Many, many more adventures to come...............
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

glad to see the car remains in the "family"....

Shrews- I'm so happy to see that Gib's car landed in Austin! I've really enjoyed following this thread and hope to see the car in the flesh soon.
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

Quote Originally Posted by shrews View Post
    With Gib's permission I'll try to keep you all updated on the car from time to time.
    Congrats….

…..and thanks for sharing. Such an awesome car, it would have been a shame for it to disappear from public view.

Cheers,

Hi Shrews, you've got a great car there and I'm sure made a good friend in the process.
    How do I know, well this was the last time he let one of his babies go.....
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

wait......
    Gibs built that one as well?...