Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super rare find on EBAY

Super rare find on EBAY

Europeans grabbed it before our daylight!!!
    one of 18 built ...3rd from last!cooooooooool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

This buyer is picking up almost any 50/51 Porsche that comes to the market. He has at least 10 or so off them.

Richard

planets must be in good alignment!!

what timing..... just when we have been graced by the apparition of the
    Radium Green car!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

1951 356

A friend of mine has nice finished the restoration of a '51 coupè, in radium green as well.
    How much would you reckon a very nice, almost concours car is valued?

I'm thinking of making him an offer, but am confused on value of this type of car.
    Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Andrea

The owner of a perfect 1950 that I know had a bid of 1,700,000 Kroner, thats 310,000$. He did not sell.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Besides being perfect originality is a key driver as for value. For instance the sheet metal on these very early cars is very unique and most of the repro material that is available is not correct. Tail lights are another item which are hard to find, etc.

That guy who bought the car on the auction has a lot of correct sheet metal made, incl. the body bumpers, under the tank tray, etc.

For pricing in Italy, you might try to find the guy that used to own the oldest known 50 coupe in Europe. It's a black car and the owner used to live in the area near Milan. He sold it not too long ago for less than $310K and that car is stunning.
    Best you could do is to take some one who knows 50/51 coupes.

Regards,

Richard

Richard,

Is our friend still collecting Carrera's as well? I remember he was going into that pretty heavily a few years ago.... Have you ever been into his storage facility? I hear it's pretty extensive.

I hope he doesn't get into 67S's!

Eric

Eric this acquaintance never went deep into 356 Carrera's, he had 2 at the time and that was it. From then he focussed on the 50/51 and Gmund's, by now he is getting what you are in respect of 67S He has all the lit, goodies, accurate parts and multiple cars since he as well corners the market .

Richard

Just as a yard stick for prices, here in the UK, a concours 1950 Coupe belonging to Simon Bowery has recently sold to Jay Kay of Jamiriquai fame for £200k, which would currently translate to approx $418k. It is beleived to be a new record for a steel bodied 356. There are some pictures of the car on the 356 Registry gallery, it has the registration number UXB12.

Smile

I would like to point out that the engine lid on the 1950/1951 Ebay car has a very strange twin grill configuration, one which I have never seen, having owned two 1950 coupes, a 1951 cabriolet and a 1952 coupe. The lid appears to be original in all other aspects, perhaps it was a special ordered option for race cars and additional cooling.
    Tom Scott