Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: SWB Standard Rear Calipers for solid rotors

FS: SWB Standard Rear Calipers for solid rotors

Apologize for my mistake on earlier post. These are not Wide L Calipers. These are standard SWB rear calipers for solid rotors. I've had in dry storage for many years. Look OK for rebuild. $150 shipped in the Continental U.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by targa74; 05-06-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Mistaken Item - Not Wide L Calipers
    Penske Sunoco RSR Tribute
    72E Based RSR Clone Project

Sorry - I was thrown by the crossover lines. Thanks Don for letting me know. These calipers do not have the 10mm spacer in between the caliper halves. They have a 14mm rotor slot. Can someone help identify these. Thanks, Sam
    Penske Sunoco RSR Tribute
    72E Based RSR Clone Project

Quote Originally Posted by targa74 View Post
    Sorry - I was thrown by the crossover lines. Thanks Don for letting me know. These calipers do not have the 10mm spacer in between the caliper halves. They have a 14mm rotor slot. Can someone help identify these. Thanks, Sam
    standard solid rotor SWB rear calipers. 2.25 bolt spacing. a spacer kit can be had to use these with vented rotors.

Restoration newbie.
    Even with the spacer they will have 35mm bores as opposed to wide-L which have 38mm bores.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by haycait911 View Post
    standard solid rotor SWB rear calipers. 2.25 bolt spacing. a spacer kit can be had to use these with vented rotors.
    Don't be fooled into thinking a 911s "wide" rear caliper is just a regular caliper with a spacer and longer bolts. The, garden variety, calipers shown in this thread have 35 mm pistons and real 911s wide calipers have 38mm pistons. They are very different animals.

Regards

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking a 911s "wide" rear caliper is just a regular caliper with a spacer and longer bolts. The, garden variety, calipers shown in this thread have 35 mm pistons and real 911s wide calipers have 38mm pistons. They are very different animals.

Regards

Jim

nobody's trying to 'fool' anybody.

I didn't say that with spacers these were S calipers. I said they could be used with vented rotors. period.

I did not accuse anybody of any wrong doing. I was just pointing out that they are not the same calipers as "S" calipers. They would have the same appearance, though.

Jim

I don't want to knock a for sale thread off course, but does anyone have a set of front and rear early S callipers for sale? I'm in the UK. Many thanks, Robert

Quote Originally Posted by one-two View Post
    I don't want to knock a for sale thread off course, but does anyone have a set of front and rear early S callipers for sale? I'm in the UK. Many thanks, Robert
    But you did

If I wanted to be clever I might say that it was a little off course already, but I don't want to be clever ...