Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DVD: Porsche S/T on the Nürburgring

DVD: Porsche S/T on the Nürburgring

Hi fellow Porsche owners!

This is my first posting here. I am the editor of a car magazine in Norway called Carburetti. We write about cars that stir passion and have soul. Mostly sports cars from the 60s and 70s. I am a self confessed car nut, and is very lucky to drive dreamcars in my work: Porsche 73 RS, Pagani Zonda F, Ferrari F40, Alfa GTA etc.
    I own a couple of classics myself and of interest of you guys would be my 1970 blutorange 911S. It is currently being part restored and will be ready for action this spring.

Now back to topic, on our last outing we decided to do a DVD about two of our dream cars on the mother of all tracks, the Nürburgring. The cars where Alfa GTAm and Porsche 911 S/T. The Porsche is the very car that Michael Keyser used in the movie The Speed Merchants. We let the cars show colours at one of the world’s most dangerous tracks, the famous Nurburgring. With seven Sony cameras, a film crew, an unknown amount of film and nicely tied race shoes we went.

The result is to be seen February 2008. Until then you have to make do with our “teaser”. The contend will be portraits of the ST and the GTAm. Inboard and outboard action footage and fast laps around the Ring + bonus material. Pre order the DVD now and get a discount from 37 Euros to pre order price 31 Euros (249,- NKR). If you like the magazine you will love this DVD.

http://www.carburetti.com/index.php?mod=one&id=17701

click at the Youtube picture.

Enjoy the teaser. Those laps where the highlight of this year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!

Christer

Very cool! Here's a direct link to YouTube:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zOiBlF9hDk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_zOiBlF9hDk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Thumbs up

Very cool Christer... and welcome to the board...

Can you please tell us how long the DVD's running time is?

As one who used to be an early Alfa guy and now an early 911 guy... this looks to be a must for me ...

In fact my old car buddy has been working on a GTAm clone for years...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Uh oh, I sense temptation heading my way again ...

Christer, would you mind translating the words outlining the information required in the order section of your web site?

Thanks, Cam
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Christer; velkommen! Filmen kommer til å bli populær på dette forumet... Hvor kjøpte du 70S'n din? Jeg har en 71S som trenger "litt" jobb.

Cam; The rest of the text on the webpage promoting the DVD are almost identical to Christer's post here.

*Navn : Name
    *Adresse : Address
    *Postnr / Sted : Postcode/postal area
    *Kjønn : Mann Kvinne Male/female
    *Alder : Age
    *E-post adresse E-mail address
    *Pris : Price

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

I too am an early Alfa fan/owner - I have a '59 Giulietta Sprint competition car - so this DVD looks very appealing & I will be ordering a copy.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Curt
    Thanks for linking the YouTube directly!

Chuck

Thanks, I feel very welcome!
    The DVD is currently being finished. We are working on voice over and the last bits and bobs. The voice and the menu will be in English. Total time will be between 40 min. and one hour. I am still very much an Alfa guy. I have had over 60 Alfas during my life time, and currently have a Bertone GT 1750 race car, a Giulia 1300 Ti and a 164 3 litre. The Alfa virus is here for good.

Cam
    Temptation is not a bad thing...My Norwegian forum friend, Zithlord, translated it for me!

John,
    (now a lot of norwegian jabadabado)
    Hei, hyggelig med en annen normann her! Takk for oversettelsen. Jeg tenkte at jeg skulle lage en tråd på min S her etter hvert. S-en er kjøpt i Norge, importert for lenge siden fra USA. Har noen artige saker, forsker i historien, men en S/T vifte, S/T frontspoiler og 380 mm ratt, S-motor uten nummer som går meget godt (fabrikksmotor?) tettsteget kasse bør tyde på litt konkurransevirksomhet. Jeg er ikke medlem i Norsk Porsche Klubb, så hvis du er det, kunne du jo latt de få se på traileren også, ved å lage en link.

Andy,
    Great fellow Alfa fans here. Post a picture of your 59 Giulietta, I used to have a Giulia Spider Veloce previously raced by Paul Spruell. A very raw car looking a lot like a scaled down AC Cobra, miss it, but it still lives in my home town. As mentioned I still have a 1750 race car, going to the Ring with it this Spring (it is approved with cage, race seat etc. And on number plates).

Thanks all for showing interest!

Christer - here's my Giulietta (with FIA papers):
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Mikeb Keyser's St

I ordered one.here's jurgen barth sitting on the ST at Dijon in the summer,Mike K. SENT ME THIS PHOTO;SENT A LINK TO THIS
    THREAD TO MIKE kEYSER

Christer,

You ARE among friends...............

- In '69 looking under my '59 Spider

- In '72 (in the denim shirt) at Laguna Seca trying to figure out how to fix a 2.5 TranAm GTA

- In '73 helping my friend at Riverside win the SCCA C-Sedan Regional Championship in his GTA Jr.

... and so it goes......... as did my hair...

Can't wait for the DVD...

Holiday Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter