Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Willow Springs in February?? LAX Lit. Weekend

Willow Springs in February?? LAX Lit. Weekend

After the last outing at Streets of Willow, it was mentioned by many that a track day on a Monday would be the best for the group. You could drive up on Sunday pm, check into a hotel, relax, have dinner. Then wake up at a decent time and arrive at the track in a fresh state of mind.

You eliminated waking up at a EARLY hour, combating the Monday morning commuters as you drove through LA.

The last weekend of February, the 22nd to the 24th is a MAJOR Southern California Porsche weekend.

Friday the 22nd...open houses throughout So Cal at various mechanics, restoration shops...i.e. Willhoits.
    Saturday the 23rd, LAX Lit. Show...Saturday night Open House at European Collectibles
    Sunday the 24th, ALL Porsche Swap Meet/Car Show being put on by Jeff Trask at Paul Kraemers facility..(see sticky thread)

On Monday, the 25th, what is the feeling of going to The Streets of Willow?? I reserved the Streets for the time being. I can cancel in a few weeks due to lack of interest.

After the Swap Meet, caravan or meet you at the host hotel. Last time several of us stayed at the Holiday Inn Express of Lancaster...they give a Willow Springs discount rate of $99.00...the nicest hotel around, free breakfast in the morning..BIG parking lot for those trailering...walking distance to several restaurants for Sunday dinner...

Those who are coming from out of town, try to stay an extra day and come out to play..When you fly in and reserve your rental from Hertz, see if they have any Shelby Mustangs in stock

Same drill as last time..need at least 20 drivers at $200.00 Last time, We had extra drivers in attendence, extra money went back those whose cars broke down during the sessions, and went to a NICE dinner.

Bad part is that it will be COLD...possibility of rain...money is nonrefundable

Feedback needed...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Thumbs up

This sounds like a GREAT idea Ray....

Lets kick it around here........ guys ?????
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Willow sounds like way too much fun.....especially with the out of towners......well......IN TOWN!!!!

Let's make this happen. Hopefully my motor will be ready or I'll have to be a spectator.

TONNNNYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Newbie here . . .

I've never done Willow in my car and sure would like to have a go at it. If newbies are cool with the group then count me in.

Newbies are absolutely welcome. There are many good drivers who are happy to instruct. We break the group into 3 catagories so everyone is comfortable out there. A group are newbies, B group are intermediate drivers and the C group are the fast folks. Once you are out there for 2 laps you'll be hooked.

Right everyone!!!
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

newbies WELCOME

Many will tell you, this is the safest place to learn to drive your car. In a controlled environment, passing only on straights with point-by.

Intimidation factor only lasts a few laps, then smiles the rest of the day. If you want an instructor with you, many will volunteer. Or, if you have a friend who will instruct you, bring him.

SAFETY is the number one priority. We have to drive these cars home at the end of the day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Put me and Randy Stenson down as possibles for Willow. Not so much interested in AX.

Ray, Count me in and just let me know when to send you the $. Its always a great time!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

willow

Ray, you put on a first class day at Willow. You know I'm in.

Best $200.00 you can spend.

Besides when do I get a chance to follow so many great cars around a track.

Chuck you better come out and show us how it's done.

Will

If it happens I'm there.......... count me WAY in.......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter