Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Willow Springs in February?? LAX Lit. Weekend

Chuck, Good point on the entrance. Also the track will not be collecting $10 at the gate during the week. Its only for weekend events.

To all those who have PM'd or emailed me their info, THANK YOU.
    There are still about half of the group that have not given Ray or myself what run group they would like to be in and if an instructor is wanted or if they themselves would like to instruct. I can not say how important it is for track safety and making sure the day goes smooth that this information gets to me soon. So please get your info to me ASAP if you have not already.
    Thank you
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Here is a decent video of an instructor at Streets in a S2000. For the guys new to this track or any track it is a good watch. The key things to watch for is the way he will track out and usually late apex. This will allow him longer braking into the corner and faster speeds exiting the corners.
    This will be the same direction and configuration we will run during our track day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oD2_Dh5e4

Use this video and the track map to get a feel for the layout of the track. Also, he is moving at pretty good pace as videos seem look slower then the track feels.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Byers
    Here is a decent video of an instructor at Streets in a S2000. For the guys new to this track or any track it is a good watch. The key things to watch for is the way he will track out and usually late apex. This will allow him longer braking into the corner and faster speeds exiting the corners.
    This will be the same direction and configuration we will run during our track day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8oD2_Dh5e4

Use this video and the track map to get a feel for the layout of the track. Also, he is moving at pretty good pace as videos seem look slower then the track feels.
    Great video
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I'm assuming we'll be running both directions like we did last time. Onedirection before lunch and the opposite direction after lunch. This gives us two flavors in one day.....nice!!!!
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Lightbulb

I hope for both directions as well Chris...

Guys and gals,

So far the extended forecast is sunny with highs in the 50's
    Bring LOTS of layers of cloths...

The usual rule of the day is to run with both windows down and it gets mighty drafty...

Fun, fun, fun.......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

With bright sunshine, it's 8 degrees here girls .... I'll be running with both windows down, the top off and a friggin t-shirt

Wink

Yeah, yeah,….

OK Curt, this is how it works…

If you were to 'give it all up' and make the move to the left coast you would:

- First you'd wear your T-shirt and laugh at the rest of us for about 3 months of our 'cold' weather...

- Then refer to our cold as not REAL cold for about 2 more years...

- Then after about 3 years, when we've turned your thick Midwest blood to West coast water, you'll be putt'n on the heavy jacket on 40 degree days just like the rest of us 'girls'...

Just ask all the West coast Chicagoans I know…

It'll be GREAT see'n'ya out there ya'damn snowman...

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chris & Chuck, I hope you guys won't be to disappointed but we will probably only run clockwise all day. The amount of drivers along with the amount of newbees create a problem when trying to run both directions. So for safety and to keep the confusion at a minimum just the one direction.

2 weeks away and I still need to hear from a good portion of the drivers. If you have PM or emailed me and I have not responded, please try again or use my contact info to call me directly. I believe I have responded to all those that have forwarded their info.

I will also be at the track on Sunday the 24th helping out a buddy who is doing a race school at streets. I can be reached on my cell if people want a weather update.

Thanks
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Gburner
    Bring your 45spf if this SOW forcast holds true!
    Rosamond, CA. Monday, Feb 25
    High: 75 °F RealFeel®: 75 °F
    Warm with sunshine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

final details

I called Golden Cantina, they are expecting a group of 20-25 for dinner about 5:15...just call to add more eaters, or running late

We added another body to the corner workers...we have 3 on the track, one at the tower, and one more than last time to control those entering the pits.
    Tony has always "volunteered" for that position. This will free him up to help out anywhere needed.

Fire/EMS crew is confirmed.

Mike G. called the weather gods, they are smiling on us the rest of the month.

Please PM/call Dan to confirm your driving catagory. You will be placed in beginner otherwise...Also write if you are available to instruct..We need the ratio balanced out.

Get your room reservations at Holiday Inn Express if your coming up Sunday night. PM me if you are coming to dinner with us at Marie calenders

Please mail me your check if you have not already done so?

This is going to be the BEST one yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI