Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

DDK only allows pics to be posted off host servers. Flickr, photobucket or any of others seem to work fine - but using hosts do involve some extra steps. Would I pay more in annual dues to support the purchase of more memory as well as contribute to the heroes running this juggernaut? Heck yes.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Quote Originally Posted by RickS
    DDK only allows pics to be posted off host servers. Flickr, photobucket or any of others seem to work fine - but using hosts do involve some extra steps. Would I pay more in annual dues to support the purchase of more memory as well as contribute to the heroes running this juggernaut? Heck yes.
    I just got here yesterday and it is real slow. More money might fix the problem but at $35.00 it was a little steep I thought. I use Photobucket to link to another site like this but with very few invited guests only. I would give the guests only limited things to look at then to get the whole enchilada they have to join. That would raise funds.........jist my $.02

Porsche & VW Spoken Here

Current cars:

1970 VW Westfallia
    1970 911T 9110122445 Burgundy/Tan Numbers Matching
    1970 911T 9110121689 Bahia Red/Black parts shell
    1971 911T 9111120111 Bahia Red/Black Numbers matching
    1972 914 4722916453 Rusty Orange.......;-)

Have we looked at off-site hosts such as Lunarpages? Even the basic plan at $7 per month has 1,500 GIGS of storage and huge bandwidth designed for high-traffic websites. I think that would convert to around 15 million photos at the current 100Kb size limitation on this site.

http://www.lunarpages.com/solutions.php

This site is officially DOA tonight
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Chuck,
    Can you help? Our site is now unbearably slow. Often to the point of timing out on my computer. If it continues this way I'm sure it will drive away traffic from our members...and it's the best site for us Early 911 guys so I'd hate to see the ideas, comments, cars/parts for sale, etc. go somewhere else.

This problem has been going on for some time. What needs to be done to fix it? I would be willing to pay an additional amount above my memberhsip dues (to get a faster server, an outside hosting service, etc....i.e. whatever would help.)

Please address this problem as soon as you can. I don't want to overstate it but I think it really hurts the credibility of the Registry. As a long time member and strong supporter I'd like to see this problem solved...and I'm willing to pay a few more $$ toward a solution. I'm sure this isn't easy but once you identify the problem and a solution I'm sure the membership would back it with the necessary $$.

Thanks,
    Rich Sutliffe

Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

old softie67S

unbearable

I am so thankful I have cable. If I had to use a dial up connection I would be wishing you guys happy New Year............ 2009
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Yep.....da patient barely has a pulse. I'm measuring a min and a quarter to bring up a page. I'm having panic attacks that dial up has returned...NOOOO!
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330