Thread: Fuel pressure lines

Fuel pressure lines

I want to renew all fuel hoses on my 1973 911S, and I just found out that my car no longer has the 2 original fuel pressure lines (#25 and #28 in the picture) fitted between the fuel filter and the fuel pump:

It seems line #25 is no longer available or has been discontinued in the PET.

Questions are:

• Is #25 identical to #28?

• Should I get 2 #28 lines and use one of them where a #25 is needed or should I just forget about obtaining new pressure lines at all and just connect the fuel hoses directly to the fuel filter?

• Or should I obtain and install the one available pressure line #28 and forget about pressure line #25?

This diagram shows both pressure lines, #25 and #28.

Any thoughts you may have are appreciated. Thanks!
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

Check with Stoddard. Several years ago, they had all of the Cohn hoses and fittings to make new lines.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

line 25 in the pressure overflow line.
    its a return to the tank from the pump and accumulator.
    look upstream and note the "T" connection.
    if your lines are no good(after 35 years, likely)
    they should be replaced (fuel leaks are bad)
    if you don't care about originality, you can reconstruct with barbed fuel fittings and screw clamps.
    i'm sure you could get copies made at a hydralic line shop
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Thomas I sent you a PM regarding the fuel lines

fuel pressure lines

I assume from your question that someone before you has eliminated the two hard lines you mention. I can't imagine why that would have been done! I would prefer to put the system back stock, there is a reason for having a hard line routed up through the frame rail, it is mounted in rubber bushings so it won't chafe thru, and the two hard lines fit neatly up against the body next to the pinch weld seam. Can't see how all that could be done with rubber lines. Since no one (other than your previous owner) would have any reason to eliminate those lines I would start calling all the Porsche salvage yards there has to be a pair out there somewhere.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks, guys!

I am trying to find both original fuel pressure lines to re-install the stock setup.

Seems like #28 has part number 911.356.066.02 and is still available.

I have asked the local Porsche parts dealers I normally use to supply me with the other pressure line #25, too. Maybe it has part number 911.356.064.02? I am not sure, though.
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

Both line #25 and # 28 are available new, part number 911.356.064.02 and 911.356.066.02.

Pure works of art to me! And very reassuring to have all the proper connections between hose and the metal fuel lines. Especially when used in conjunction with the high pressure MFI fuel pump.

An old mystery regarding whether a restrictor is found in one of these fuel hose assemblys is discussed in this thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=202845

I can provide the piece of information that no restrictor is found in the hose assemblies.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa