Thread: Weber rebuild by Paul Abbott

Weber rebuild by Paul Abbott

I had my Weber 40IDAs rebuilt by Paul Abbott of Performance Oriented. I wanted to share what I feel was a great experience. My Webers, while in generally decent shape, had obvious signs of shaft wear and were spitting, getting hard to tune, etc. Paul came to my attention via Pelican and/or the Early S Registry. We got in contact with each other and arranged for Paul to rebuild my carbs. Paul offers several stages of rebuild, from partial DIY to a very complete rebuild. He sends you an excellent description of services, along with the costs and you choose your level/options. Once Paul receives your carbs, he analyzes the condition and gets back to you with a suggested route to take and a firmed up cost. Total turn time for my carbs was about a week or so. I received them this morning. The packaging was very good and protective. The carbs, on first impression looked very nice and clean. Upon closer inspection I could see that they were basically completely rebuilt with two new shafts, bushings, butterflys, gaskets, etc. (Looked like new! ) He also sent back all the parts that he replaced. Paul replaced one of my floats with one of his, in better shape....He tuned the carbs on his engine and had them set up close to perfect. He really went the extra mile. I installed them and the engine fired right up and, once warm, idled smoother than ever before. It ran really good, I just had to balance the carbs and away I went. Great throttle response, sound, etc. I am a happy customer and I recommend Paul highly. You can contact him at info@performanceoriented.com ......Great service and value. See
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com