Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nina has landed...

Nina has landed...

I have been looking forward to making this post for quite a while - as some, or many, or you may already know, Paul Donkin (pwd72s) has chosen me as the next caretaker of his one of a kind irish green 1972S. His only condition was that it never comes back to the US, and is kept far away from the domain of "strippers, flippers and pimps", who "know the price of everything and the value of nothing".

So without further ado, here are a few pictures of this amazing vehicle in Istanbul. I still can't believe it's actually here:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Fantasic car and for it to end up in Istanbul was unexpected. Cant be a lot of early 911's over there? What are your plans for the car, are you doing a tour of Europe with it? Good luck with your 72S!

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Thumbs up

Evern,

This has always been a fantastic car... and now it seems in a unique an equally fantastic setting...

Cheers and welcome
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Great shots - Had he been born later I'm sure Lord Byron would have prefered to cross in the same style !

She looks quite in her element.
    Congrats all around !

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Hi Evren - you must be overjoyed !

Are you still going to keep your E as well ?
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Very nice. Very, very nice.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Good to see it is being enjoyed!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Sweet. That green warms my heart.

Light,Nimble,Uncivilized
    Very nice Evern, enjoy it.
    Marc
    '69 Coupe in Pastel Blau
    R#464
    S#1390

Evern,

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but I have heard that you are one of the true enthusiasts. Obviously this is true!

Thanks for sharing these brilliant images. I am slightly awestruck seeing this car again in such a beautifully exotic setting. I realize it is...merely.. home for you. Try to imagine if California weren't so Porsche crazy and and I sent images of one of my cars against some of the more spectacular San Francisco backdrops.... That is what this is like, only I hadn't appreciated how beautiful it is there. I don't know if you have any Porsche/car nut gatherings there but I would love to see more images of this area and perhaps what other enthusiasts might drive [Of course, I am easy. I always find things like the taxis and police cars rather fascinating.]

Thanks again.... and..... KEEP THE REVS UP!
    John Rice