Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your luggage compartments-trunks

Some fotos for the preservationist's.

Regards, Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

on a related topic...

who makes the best trunk liners (felt)?

Finally got Ruprecht's front compartment looking somewhat presentable, now that I have gotten rid of my lurid red anodized 951 spare tire and replaced it with a Caucasian silver anodized wheel / tire setup ( sourced from E.A.S.Y.) .....but like everything else about that car, there is so much more to do. For now this is going to have to do.

Three things that don't show up in the photo are my jack & a place to mount it (currently it's wrapped in a towel and rides along in front of the gas tank, and the removal of the air-cylinders that hold the hood up when open. I have taken them out permanently, and modified an extra set of hinges ( also sourced at EASY ) by removing and grinding off the brackets that accepted the top of the pistons, then had them powder-coated satin black. I have installed two (2) 964 Cup car aluminum hood strut-rods, (still available from Porsche dealers for a surprisingly reasonable price) since using only one will allow the hood to twist excessively when in the open position, especially with the extra weight of Cibie hood-mounted lights in place......the installation of which is the next step in Ruprecht's evolution.

The third item is a leather 3-strap arrangement to help hold the spare tire in place. I made it myself, using the same harness leather & the same color as the hand-sewn, copper-riveted tool kit hold down straps shown in the photo. More photos to come when all that's completed.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

A Rod Emory prepared car, I believe.

johnt

which car are you referring to, John ?

JZG

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

The car in Rich Lambert's message, to which I replied.

johnt

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Finally got Ruprecht's front compartment looking somewhat presentable...
    JZG
    MY EYES! Dang John, great looking work as usually. Actually, its been a couple of years since I've seen your car in the flesh.

Maybe we'll run into each other at the CSRG races this weekend?

I like that spare wheel!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6814459...7624833322573/

Jason,

good to see you're still on here every once in a while...........there's no maybe about running into each other at CSRG. I'll be there for sure.

Their April season-opener & the October weekend are consistently great events, with great people and the best cars short of the Monterey Historics.

JZG

Great John! Looking forward to seeing you and catching up on our cars...

550 tire hold downs

550 tire hold downs from fiber steel. http://www.fibersteel.com/

nice product, only comes with one chrome bracket, but I had several old luggage brackets that I used for the hidden ones.

I like the idea of leaving the factory finish in the trunk, but frankly, they really skimped on the paint, lots of thin spots where the primer shows through. A nice shiny trunk looks so much better. I've thought about using some sort of partial perlon, that leaves the wheel exposed. Does anyone have any pictures like that.
    Rob Abbott