Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your luggage compartments-trunks

Still in progress. I've relocated the battery, removed the heat/air ducts and covered the openings, and installed Werle headlight relays. I'm having trouble understanding the picture attachment process so if they don't work, let me know and I'll email them to you.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Joe Frantz
    73 911t
    Registry #1265

Hi Bob, my compartment may have some of the details that you are looking for - no washer resevoir, blower delete (still have the diffusers though for a touch of heat), Odessey battery relocated to the smugglers box, later model gas tank, all painted satin black. Pretty minimal all in all. I will try to get some pics posted later today.

BTW, I have almost completed my R decklid grill mod like yours. Great post and thank you.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thanks Bob for starting this thread. I have been getting some ideas for my own projects and will enjoy seeing more that have been done. Here are some pics I have collected in my search for ideas.

Bob,

That TR had a Wabasco.

Wow! Proof that a nicely sorted compartment really makes a difference in the presentation of a solid car.

The SWB cars have undercoating throughout the entire compartment and glue for the side carpeting. I'm removing it as time permits but it's a lot work. These pics inspire me to keep moving forward.

Currently I am on the fence of installing a later 21g tank. I just know the tank will have no Wurth and will be painted gloss black. Also keeping a close eye on spare tie down strap ideas.
    TX guys!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Original

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton
    Wow! Proof that a nicely sorted compartment really makes a difference in the presentation of a solid car.

The SWB cars have undercoating throughout the entire compartment and glue for the side carpeting. I'm removing it as time permits but it's a lot work. These pics inspire me to keep moving forward.
    Yeah, it's relatively easy to create a 'sports-purpose' luggage compartment as part of a complete restoration ..... the problem is trying to do something like this to a completed car with a basically original compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Yeah, it's relatively easy to create a 'sports-purpose' luggage compartment as part of a complete restoration ..... the problem is trying to do something like this to a completed car with a basically original compartment.
    Especially when it looks like this...

That's my trunk resto starting point. I weighed finished project satisfaction against how much crap work is involved with removing undercoating and old glue and decided I'm going with tidying up the wiring, painting the tank gray, and the rest semi-flat black. I do need a Fuchs for the spare and maybe I'll stick the battery in the box...but that's it.

That said - for some reason when I see pictures of Bob's car I get motivated to do...stuff.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Perhaps seen before in other related threads.

Sherwood

A few more for reference: