Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How many un-counted 1973 RS still out there??

RS in the Shed .

Well my mate actually has no clue as to its value .. does not even appear to be interested ... Its like this really weird situation ...

Think i'll just run out and have a beer with him !!!

I know where 5 of the 6 Aussie RHD cars are:

True Story.

Last weekend Phil Lack rings me with a tip that someone spotted an RS clone followed it to the Porsche garage where Phil knows the owner well and told the garage owner his dad had the same car as a lightweight, 22,000 miles in a garage, hasn't been driven for 15 years. It was Australian delivered. The car was white and blue script. Garage owner advises could be worth up to $500,000 guy seems keen to sell on fathers behalf.

I hastily reviewed Dr K's book and identified the one Aussie car I couldn't locate as a white with blue script Touring RS. Excitement levels rise as RHD RS cars bring plenty down under. I was certain we didn't get any M471 cars here and this still seems to be true.

Phil and I figure the guy has just confused the lighweight story as all RS cars are lightweight. Could this be the ultimate Aussie barn find

Phil spends ages tracking down the guys phone number and gets hold of him the next night.

Phil and I allready had the rebuild planned and the profit spent

Guess what....it was another clone, still a low mileage Aussie delivery something exactly what we are not sure as the guy clams up after Phil contacts him even though he first made contact with the view to getting a price to sell the car.

Oh well perhaps the next one will be that elusive find in the meantime I have to enjoy #197
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Yeah Clyde, I didnt think we could be so lucky to find an elusive "barn find" but I bet there are some still out here in Australia tucked away on some farm shed somewhere.

Problem out here is, its a bloody big country and there are lots of farm sheds.......
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

Some weeks ago we were driving to France for some circuit action with some 911 friends. We stopped with 3 911 cars on a highway restauraunt parking lot in the evening. After a while a guy in an Austin Healy stops, sees our cars and turns in our direction. The driver gets out of his car and walks over to us and asks some quetions on the cars and the goal for our trip.
    He also tells us he has "some" Porsche's. He asks us if we are interested in seeing some of his cars. The road to the circuit goes close to his home and he asks us to follow him to his home. So we drive of.
    A perfectly restored Healy (doing some testruns to go to the Carrera Mex) and 3 old Porsches on an evening at 10PM.
    After a while of driving we get to a nice (big) garage.
    He opens the doors and in the garage are lots of (rare)cars (even outside where porsche cars (928,2.4S,2.4S targa,...).
    Inside we saw some covered and uncovered cars.
    he lifts the covers of some cars to show us whats under them.
    In his garage where 5 2.7RS, all in perfect shape. from which 2 were original light versions.
    (the rest of his cars were also special but do not belong in this RS thread)
    I also know another guy who has 2 2.7RS cars that looked like 80's SC when he purchased them. They are now rebuild in their original state.

some 5 years ago a friend of someone I know saw an old light yellow 911 for sale next to a public road (just put there with a "for sale sign on the window). He looked at the car, it was a first 500 series 2.7RS wich he bought on the spot. I saw the car afterwards, it was in very good still original shape.

so there are still cars that are not (re)discovered, that are Ok but never come out in public anymore.

only I cannot find one for myself

And Speaking of Carreras . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

We Can Be Heroes

They're out there. I have one that I bought for $35k in 1987 and I put it away and it's been sitting ever since. I'll get to it some day..no rush lol! It's a future garage find.

I know where there is a RS and a RSR that have sitting in a guys garage since the early 1980's..

Alex, I'd love to know the VIN's of the cars that you know of. Just for my database of known existing cars, and general location.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers