Thread: For the enthusiast who has everything...

For the enthusiast who has everything...

My brother is selling this set of bookends on eBay, not pushing them, just thought some would appreciate the idea. Of course, others will probably be furious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-Fuchs-wh...QQcmdZViewItem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

A perfect use for replicas!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Way cool
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

I've got one Fuch with a crack in it. You can't repair it so why not make bookends out of them?
    Tim G

Early S Reg #1017
    RGruppe #663

73 911T 3.2
    00 Ducati 996 Track Rat
    01 Ducati S4 Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BAPhotowerks
    My brother is selling this set of bookends on eBay, not pushing them, just thought some would appreciate the idea. Of course, others will probably be furious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porsche-Fuchs-wh...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brad,

Any idea who made them?

Thanks.

Jack.
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Jack,

He is actually making them himself, with some pretty amazing saws at his work. It all started with a Campagnolo wheel from a LP400 he had a few years back; about 3 inches of the rim was broken beyond repair, but it was too cool and rare to get rid of. So he cut it up.

He has a set of wheels from a 308 in metric sizes, totally worthless and unloved because tires are impossible to find anymore, and those are next on the block. If you make it to Concorso Italiano this year, stop by his booth and see the finished product.

Not sure if he'll do anymore using Fuchs, at least older ones, but rest assured he realizes that 14" are the only version worthy of this type of re-purposing.

BA
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thanks. I'd like to get a set, but the bidding is getting pretty high. (Not that they aren't worth it, I just don't need them that much). I wonder if he'd make up a set for me.....

Jack.
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Banned
    Finally... a practical use for 14" Fuchs.

14" Fuchs

Other than the front of my 356. Lowers the ride and they arent cool enough for the BIG$ crowd. BOOOO! 14" Fuchs, BOOOO!