Thread: Watch out for this scammer

Watch out for this scammer

Put my RSA rear seat delete up for sale and received this fine offer:

RE: i am intrested in ur...RSA Rear Seat Delete$750‏

Hi,Thanks for the fast response and i'm very much satisfied with the condition of the item and the total agreement with the final price.i'm located in Brooklyn, NY 11214,all i need you to do now is to consider the item sold to me.i will like to have your full name and address with your phone number in order to mail out the check to you. Right now i'm out of office to Canada for a business trip but i will instruct my secretary to issue the certified check out to you immediatly.notice you don't need to bother your self about the shippment,i have an international courier shipping company that will come for pick-up,they will also determine and secure the shippment because i have some item which will be ship together with yours so let me have the weight very well so that a waybill can be created before shippment will be done,because i will be adding some extra fee to the check which is meant for the shipping and insurance.all you need to know is as soon as you recieve the check you will deduct your item fee and send the rest funds to the shipping company information that will be provided to you in the meantime.get back to me with the more picx for proper documentation and i will also tell my secretary to call you,get back to me immediately to know your decision and make sure you also get back to me with your FULL NAME and ADDRESS with your contact phone number for payment,hope to read from you soon...
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

Gotta love those Nigerian 911 enthusiasts.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Such an original approach too!
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

I hadn't seen the "I can't hear" one until this week, then I saw it twice. This guy placed the ad on Craigslist, but referenced eBay the entire time. At least keep track of your scam's venue:-)

From: jerroldwilkins@aol.com [mailto:jerroldwilkins@aol.com]
    Subject: Re: 2002 Porsche Carrera - Clear Title - $13000 (Santa Barbara)

Hello,

I sell the car due some circumstances in my life. I had an accident and I lost my hearing . I go every day to do treatment here at a clinic. Don't worry the accident wasn't in the Porsche. I am selling it at a lower price because I want to sell it fast. I need the cash right away.
    I will make this deal only trough eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Program because I am away here in Canada at a clinic for treatment. Before leaving I had prearranged shipping with eBay and DAS so my presence isn't necessary. The car is in a warehouse of DAS, ready for delivery. In exchange I will offer a 5 days period of testing the car from the moment you receive it from the shipping company. If you want to make this deal I will need the following details from you:

full name and address
    shipping address
    phone #

After I will have all this details I will forward them to eBay and I will proceed the order. eBay will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them. I wait your email with the requested details.
    Thank you,

nice, now they don't even want your money, they just want your info up front so they can steal your identity. Imagine how many people fall for this one "...well, they didn't ask for any money, so it can't be a scam"

My guess is that his instructions, (you know, from the $9.99 scammer kit), were to have it listed on eBay, then if anyone e-mailed they'd get a fake bill from eBay. Or the transport company. Anyway, he probably figured, eBay, Cragislist, same difference.

I like the hearing loss part, that's why he can't talk to you.