Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 67 S Coupe for sale

67 S Coupe for sale SOLD

Matching numbers, Chassis 306036S, Engine 960377, 117800 miles.
    Previous owner refinished it in the mid 80's. Original color was Sand Beige, now painted dark green. Paint is decent with high gloss and no orange peel. There are a few nicks here and there. There are a couple of rust bubbles under the paint on lower edge of passenger door. There is a bubble in the leading edge of the right front fender near the head light. Previous owner replaced front pan and rocker panels, no other rust is evident. All S equipment is there with exception of front bumper with driving lights. In its place is a 73 style split spoiler bumper.
    Previous owner had the interior recovered in tan colored leather. Original is Beige leatherette. Seats are 70-73's with head rests. Leather is worn but no rips or tears. Door pockets are missing, interior quarter trim panels are wrong style. Dash is nice, steering wheel is a wooden Nardi, have original. Aftermarket radio installed, have original.
    Engine was rebuilt by previous owner approx. 30000 miles ago, runs nice. I have no documentation from previous owner. S carbs have been recently rebuilt and synched. MSD ignition installed, which has completely eliminated the low speed lurching common to this engine. Stainless steel heat exchangers, new heater valves. Gas tank is lined, new fuel lines.
    All suspension bushings have been renewed, torsion bars pulled to check for corrosion. Turbo tie rods. Shifter bushings renewed, short throw conversion installed. Bronze pedal bushings. Shifts nice. All new throttle bellcrank bushings. New brake lines, master cylinder, front rotors, pads. 16" fuchs installed, have all 5 original 15x4.5 fuchs.
    New door seals, window seals, quarter window seals. Doors close nice. New signal lenses. Webasto heater works.
    Car drives nice, very tight, no rattles.
    $45,000 located near St.Louis Mo. email for informationwmknierim@aol.com CAR IS SOLD

Some questions

Wolf,

Nice looking SWB S. It could be all about the quality of the pan repairs. Do you have pics and can you supply details on the quality of the work done. Thanks.

-Allen-

I wish I could afford this one......Its very nice in dark green, but if I bought it it would be dressed in its original clothes again!

Good luck with the sale.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Wolf,

Car looks great! Love the color. I remember when you bought this a few years ago.

This is a PERFECT example of a very rare car in what appears to be good condition. Great color on this car....I'm not a big fan of some of the 67 factory colors (like the original sand beige), and this color looks absolutely stunning on this car, reminds me of some of the factory colors in the early 50's.

It has all the key components there, wheels, deco, etc. Car looks like a fantastic driver that you could "restore" at any time, or just leave alone!!

Did anyone notice the very rare Cibie Biode headlights the same type Byron is asking a fortune for on a separate for sale ad?

Personally, I would "probably" swap the front spoiler bumper to original, change the wheels to deep sixes, or how about some "steelies" for that Monte Carlo look. Drop some Vintage Seats into it, and have Tony do a color match, or just redo the interior in original color with Vintage Seats in it.....
    Drive the wheels off of it.

Someone please buy this before I have to start looking for more parking space !

Eric,

Those appear to be 16X6 refinished to look like 4.5's.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

So many questions, so few answers....

I agree, nice car, but what's wrong with Sand Beige?

I happen to think Sand Beige is beautiful!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Sacto S
    I happen to think Sand Beige is beautiful!
    Sorry no offense intended....I just wouldn't feel the need to repaint this car just to get back to the original color. The color looks great on the car.

Yes, I know the wheels are 16's done as 4.5's.... but he's offering the original wheels with the car as well! Refinish those...or sell the 16's (or keep them) and drop on some early deep 6's or widened steel wheels... etc. etc.

Just a note on color changes...I've never not considered a car purchase due to color of the car, be it original or a change. I've always considered the car quality as the primary issue. I am however, a big fan of choosing your own color that you desire on a car, and I am going to do color changes on 3 of my 67S's.....just my .02.

Back on topic...

Great car!! Wolf I sent you an email.

regards,
    Eric

This is really friggin' tempting... Especially being so close.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Looks like a great car at a great price. I agree with Eric. Drive and enjoy as you return to original.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Thanks for the comments , here are more pics.