Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana Point 2008

Dana Point 2008

Yep, it's that time again.

What: 356 Club Dana Point Concours
    When: Sunday July 13'th
    Where: Lantern Bay Park

I just sent an email to Jeff Trask to see about reserving 'R' spot on the grass. Last year, we had a GREAT turnout, and finished off the day with a spirited run (led by Roger Grago) and lunch at Rosie's Cantina. Really a fun day.

Let's have 'show of hands': Who's interested for this year? I need a fairly accurate count, so please RSVP as soon as you can.

We will meet in the usual place: Hwy 5/Orgega Hwy in San Juan Capistrano, and caravan over to the park.

We will ROLL for the park at 7:45am SHARP, so PLEASE be on time. ALSO: I believe it will be a $20 fee per car to park on the grass. Please bring exact change if possible.

"Let's drive these pigs!"
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Were your ears ringing?

I'm in. Gonna take the 356 ... gonna REFUSE to park with the 356s.

Stacy, call my dad about the LA caravan - I'm thinking Santa Monica gas station.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    I'm in. Gonna take the 356 ... gonna REFUSE to park with the 356s.

Stacy, call my dad about the LA caravan - I'm thinking Santa Monica gas station.
    Yes, my ears were burning, I already called your Dad, and the Santa Monica Gas Station is closed, but we can still meet there.

OF COURSE we're gonna drive the 356's and NOT park with them.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Thumbs up

I'm in...... just booked a room

Cheers
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

You bet the R-Gruppe and 911S folks are in! 8 AM arrival at the park is ehcouraged and parking is already reserved. Big stuff happening on Saturday, too!

Porsche is the featured marque at Cars and Coffee on July 12th. We are working on getting some really cool old Porsche's there for that too. So far, a couple of 550's, a 904, 906 and a 917 are coming along with a number of cool early 911/912 models.

Saturday night, there will be a party/reception for all comers hosted by the 356 Club and McKenna Porsche. The location will be where it was last year and Outbound Yacht Outfitters, just across the street from the Holiday Inn Express in Dana Point.

So break out that flat six (or in Marco's case) your 356 and come on down!

Call or email me with any questions,

Jeff
    949-697-4499
    NO911NV@aol.com
    Various Porsche's

Awesome!

Thanks Jeff, we're hoping for a GREAT turnout!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Hey - what happened to Jeffery??
    Dale Thero S Registry # 200

Arrival time at Dana Point

For all groupes, we are thinking it is best to have you there no earlier than 8:30 AM. Please get the word out that this is the time you'll be let in. We will have a much better time and have a better turn out if we move the entry back just a bit.

Thanks for your help on this and we look forward to a great day in celebration of Porsche!
    Various Porsche's

Thumbs up Hot off the wire from our friend Jeff Trask

This is big! It's the weekend of the Dana Point Concours and there are several events swirling around it that are Porsche related and should not be missed. Mark your calendars, as it's just three weeks away. July 12th-13th 2008! Here's what's in store...

It will all start on Saturday morning, July 12th at Cars and Coffee in Irvine. Porsche will be the featured marque and we have assembled a bunch of cars that most of us rarely if ever see. So far we have a 550, several 4 Cam 356's, a 904, Abarth Carrera, a 906 and several other vintage Porsche race cars to blow your socks off. We are also assembling several special 356, 911 and 912 street cars along with significant Porsche's from Pre-A to the latest Porsche GT2!

We have 200 parking spots and they will fill, along with the aisles, just like last year. You are going to want to be a part of this event, so getting there early will be essential! Plan on a arrival time of 6:15 AM for rock star parking.

On Saturday night, the Porsche 356 Club and McKenna Porsche are hosting a party at Outbound Yacht Services, located at 34241 Pacific Coast Highway #105, Dana Point, CA 92629. This starts at 6:00 PM and Laguna Canyon Winery will be pouring their wine and there will be plenty to graze on and more Porsche's on display!

Sunday, July 13th, the 356 Club is holding their annual 356 Concours. McKenna Porsche sponsoring to event and it is sure to be the best ever. All Porsche models are welcome to display and are invited to come by at 8:30 for parking on the grass with the 356's. We'll have corrals for PCA, 911S Registry, R-Gruppe and the 912 Registry. This event will be held in Lantern Bay Park and it's located 25135 Park Lantern Dana Point, California 92629. Please be there as close to 8:30 as possible and have a $20 bill ready to hand over at the parking entrance. They will hand you a Maguiar's goodie bag in exchange.

We hope to see you at all of these events on an epic all Porsche weekend!

For questions or information, contact Jeff Trask at 949-697-4499 or NO911NV@aol.com.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

All Porsche Drive after Cars and Coffee!

All,

We are thinking of heading out with all the Porsche's that care to join at 9 AM. From there to...well it will be very good and end up in Dana Point. No REVP needed just leave with us and be ready for a fun run through some roads in the OC!

Jeff Trask
    356 Club
    911S Registry
    912 Registry
    Etc...
    Various Porsche's