Page 104 of 147 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1465

Thread: Show me satanic details...please.

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Xavier,

charming, but I prefer my solution, which requires no specific actions on the driver or passenger's part………..nor is it necessary to have to read instructions on how to close a car door.

JZG
    Is that an early sunroof switch bezel? post #1029 above
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

No, Cliff, I made two of them by hand using a bandsaw, drill-press, hand files, sandpaper and a buffer from a scrap piece of 1/4" aluminum I had laying about -
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Xavier,

charming, but I prefer my solution, which requires no specific actions on the driver or passenger's part………..nor is it necessary to have to read instructions on how to close a car door.

JZG
    Far easier than mine - could not find a door handle suiting my taste
    Then was fed up with people slaming the door (even if I had previously a door handle) - then decided to remove it, like this passenger is stuck for a moment and start asking, RTFM

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Is that only for your passengers who read English? :-)
    It adds more fun - it is known, French do not speak English
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Contrasts and relationships

I dig the contrast of colors and the theme of the relationship of ovals and circles that lead your eye through the photo.
    The car is a 1957 Carrera Speedster.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

I put a pan under the oil cooler yesterday so the air wouldn't escape under the cooler. When I drove it home yesterday it was 85 degrees and 18% humidity. Oil temp stayed about 195 right where the front cooler thermostat comes on. My guess is it's worth 5 to 10 degrees as I usually see 205 to 210 in those conditions. Today it was 88 degrees, humidity was 14% and the oil temp was about the same.
    Chris

Chris, that has been on my list of things to do to my white car even though my oil almost never gets too hot. Yours is a simple and elegant solution. I may have to lift your idea.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Do you have the louvered plate behind the cooler? That not only seals the cooler to the fender so air can't by-pass there, but also the louvers create a low pressure area to help draw the air through.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Yes I have the louvered plate. As I studied the area in front of the cooler, it just seemed air could route under the cooler as pressure builds. I've run the car the last 2 days in 85 to 90 degree temps with humidity at 18% yesterday and 14% today here in Denver. The engine seems to be running oil temps 5 to 10 degrees cooler. Driving in various conditions will tell me if it really makes a difference. I'm hopeful based on the first two days.
    11.3 to 1 compression, 4 big 100 mm cylinders with small cooling fins instead of 6 small cylinders with big fins on a 2.4, very low humidity, and driving over 12,000 feet in high load conditions like I did over Independence Pass by Aspen this weekend are all conditions to create a lot of heat. So I'm always looking for ways to drop the oil temps even a few degrees. This pan under the cooler seemed worth giving it a go.
    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 09-17-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Every little bit helps
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hopefully this qualifies as "satanic".....

Customised (shortened) an oil catch can to fit neatly in the engine bay.

Cheers,

Harry.

Name:  IMG_3057-XL.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  110.4 KB