Page 124 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1465

Thread: Show me satanic details...please.

not "drilled" Magnusized
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Transmission Gears

Continuing the holesome theme from the previous page, here are two Porsche 908 transmission gears.
    The bottom gear is dated 12.68.

Name:  DSCN0445.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  136.2 KB

Name:  DSCN6528.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  130.6 KB

Name:  DSCN6526.jpg
Views: 1010
Size:  75.4 KB

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    not "drilled" Magnusized
    'Magnusized' my arse !!

Photo #1: shows a drilled door-handle installed on my car after I finished building it. The photo was taken Nov. 6, 2006 and posted here the same day. Feel free to check the EXIF data on all photos.

Photo #2: shows one of my drilled door handles the day I received them back from the chrome-shop after I had drilled the holes myself, copying the hole-sizes, the number of holes, and the location of the holes in the handle from the car on which I first saw this detail - see below. I took that photo on Oct. 25, 2006.

Photo #3: is the drilled door-handle of an ex-Werks '70 911, one of 5 entered in the '71 East Africa Rally. I took that photo on Aug 17th, '06 at the Blackhawk Collection tent at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. It was the first time I had ever seen any 911 with drilled door handles and really liked the idea,.......to the extent that I made up my mind on the spot that my car, a '70 T, which at the time was in the midst of a total restoration / modification would have handles just like that. Incidentally, as you can see, the car with the drilled handles was Mexico Blue when I saw it, but was sold at auction shortly afterwards and restored in record-time by the Kempton organization in Florida for the new owner to the original green / black livery it carried at the East Africa Rally and where it was driven by Bjorn Waldegaard and featured at Rennsport III in '07 and then again at Rennsport IV at Laguna Seca in '11. It was purchased by Jeff Zwart shortly after Rennsport IV and is currently part of his collection.

All the dates cited above are long before Magnus ever showed any car of his with drilled handles. When he did, he did so well over a year after I debuted mine at R Gruppe Treffen in San Luis Obispo in May of 2007.

It's not a big thing, and God only knows it's more than a little petty of me to even take the time to respond to this BS, but it annoys the Hell out of me that Magnus's fan-boys believe every thing he says and they hear, so let's once & for all please stop propogating the self-serving myths, shall we.

I emphasize and freely admit that there's nothing more than honesty, accuracy, integrity & bragging rights about a minor detail involved, but I am sick and bloody tired of hearing about Magnus and "his" drilled door handles.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

I hear you John. Porsche and its privateer racers have been drilling parts forever to lighten the car. My favorite one ever...holes drilled in the bottom of a door (wish I had a photo of it).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Goriupized....

Name:  SAM_0226.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  55.9 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    'Magnusized' my arse !!

It's not a big thing, and God only knows it's more than a little petty of me to even take the time to respond to this BS, but it annoys the Hell out of me that Magnus's fan-boys believe every thing he says and they hear, so let's once & for all please stop propogating the self-serving myths, shall we.

I emphasize and freely admit that there's nothing more than honesty, accuracy, integrity & bragging rights about a minor detail involved, but I am sick and bloody tired of hearing about Magnus and "his" drilled door handles.

JZG
    Thank you, John. What's old is "new again"? lol
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Where can the red fabric be sourced that's on the Carrera on the previous page?
    Chris
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Here's a door handle that Magnus hasn't claimed credit for.

Name:  DSC_1142.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  26.8 KB

This is on a 911R and it's made from nylon.

Richard Newton
    Project Car Insurance

Magnus who?
    Slate Gray, Red Leather, 1968 912 HWT