Page 76 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me satanic details...please.

Jim, we neeeeeeed the story behind that 6-pack shin killer... better yet, an underside shot.

Also... we down with brown. Built-in patina.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

I can tell you Russ, that the car is a hoot to drive balls to the wall; a true R Gruppe car. Those pipes sound great! I won't give away what's under the hood, but it sure as spit ain't stock!

Jim, did you actually wash the car!?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Jim, we neeeeeeed the story behind that 6-pack shin killer... better yet, an underside shot.

Also... we down with brown. Built-in patina.
    Hi Russ

I don't know much about the muffler. I got it about 15 years ago with a half finished 73 911 RS clone project. It was new and came with a Marmite sticker on it.
    Marmite is a large Italian muffler company that provides exhaust systems to Italian Supercar Manufacturers. I think they also make mufflers under brands such as Abarth (long gone) and Anza. It is very well made and should outlast me. The brown 911 will outlast me, too. I have never seen another one and can only guess that it was made in very limited quantities (I may have the only one) because anyone in his or her right mind would never put such a thing on their car. It has a very unique sound and does draw a bit of attention. Most comments go something like this...................WTF IS THAT!!!?
    I bought the car used in April of 1973. I bought is because my wife and I thought Sepia Brown was the best color ever put on a Porsche. We also wanted a 71 T because it was the last 911 with carbs and it did come with a sunroof. It has gone through quite a few changes in the 39 years I have owned it. I got rid of the "numbers matching" engine about 20 years ago in favor of a short stroke 3.2 motor. Even though the car sports RS flares and rear bumpers it is still kind of Stealth with it's faded and filthy dirty brown paint.

Regards

Jim
    PS: Yes, Jens I did wash it. First time in a couple of years.

Looks better than ever!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Name:  Fuel Pump.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  101.0 KB

RS61L

Richard Newton
    Facebook

A few crusty details

Ok, after lurking on my favorite thread, here are a few of my own. The car is a 73t built in the rally thematic. In gun parlance, it's a "shooter," meant to be used and not kept in the closet. It's seen some minor competition in past lives and it is getting set up for more. I prefer worn old stuff over new stuff and try to be respectful of a bit's history rather than paint and polish like it never happened.

First up, the Halda/Heuer setup. Plans for the factory style bracket were provided by an Esser.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

" came with a Marmite sticker on it.*"

Hmmm well marmite down here is a spread made from something......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Crusty detail...

Another...crusty detail: an unrestored 914 leather wheel -- fitted w one of Cornpanzer's hubs. If you look close you can see all the hot sun-caused Name:  914 wheel.jpg
Views: 1261
Size:  119.5 KBspiderweb cracks on the top. This is my favorite wheel by far and prefer it over the old Nardi, Prototipo or Abarth. I just noticed the dusty dashboard.

All Cibie, all the time.

Just in case I "wrong slot" and end up needing to go fast in the wrong direction. Mounting peg skewers reflector and bumper. Name:  Light.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  101.4 KB

Name:  Brumos Porsche.jpg
Views: 1270
Size:  138.8 KB

Richard Newton
    Facebook