Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RSR Brake fluid reservoirs?

Quote Originally Posted by mrg3.6 View Post
    PS - Mike, sorry to disrupt your thread again
    Martin
    Martin, the point of a thread in the General section is to promote discussion and to inform, so your contribution here is both welcome and helpful.

The problem I had with your addition to my thread for my reservoirs in the For Sale section, was that you were using it and therefore my photo's
    to promote your own sale, claiming the parts to be NOS which I pointedly did not do with mine. I was alerted to it by pm's from other forum
    users so it was not just me who thought it a little cheeky.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Moore View Post
    The problem I had with your addition to my thread for my reservoirs in the For Sale section, was that you were using it and therefore my photo's to promote your own sale, claiming the parts to be NOS which I pointedly did not do with mine. I was alerted to it by pm's from other forum users so it was not just me who thought it a little cheeky.
    Yup, sorry Mike I screwed up - please accept my apologies

Martin

no probs Martin.
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Quote Originally Posted by andyjboy View Post
    I'll stick my neck out & say that the 'NOS' ATE reservoirs on ebay in Germany are repros ...
    Sorry about the quality but here's a few photographs of my ATE reservoirs which are from the same batch as the NOS RSR units presently being sold by Karl on ebay:

I am convinced that these are ATE factory units (rather than reproductions) and I would humbly suggest that they were listed under the same 917/906 stock numbers (which is how I discovered them) for the later 74 RSR which seems to have a higher mounting position than the 73 RSR, hence no need for the angled outlet as per the 73.

Anyway, I'm very happy with them and hopefully will have them fitted to my own misfit of a car before CLM.

Martin

Martin

Hi Guys,

I found this over the weekend at a local swap meet (Pomona) It was in a pile of VW stuff and needed to be rescued. Is this reservoir also used on 906 and 917 cars? There was an earlier post with a picture of the this reservoir and a part number starting with 917.

Best regards,

Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

I found a mate on ebay for the big bottle. Neat to have them both with the Lockeed text. Now just need to figure out what the metal band for each and some more cleanup on the bottles...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Brad Davis
    RGruppe #691
    Early 911S #1547

Quote Originally Posted by mrg3.6 View Post

So on the pre-74 RSRs (without the bracket), how are you supposed to mount these so that the large bottle isn't twisted and crammed against the contour of the sheet metal? Why wouldn't they have reversed the bottles so that they simply fit in the space provided?

Any insight here? I'm looking at mounting some tomorrow.
    keith
    '75 RS/RSR-look | '73 CB750 | '70 TD250B

r gruppe # 436

ah, I see:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...Reservoirs.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...son/9171-1.jpg

do I have this correct? the old 2.8RSR angled style reservoir (first photo) is shorter than the 3.0RSR replacement version, allowing it to mount directly to the side wall like the small bottle without the massive interference that the that the longer replacement large bottle suffers in that location?

this is likely the reason for the brackets seen here?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...bson/74RSR.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...1RSRKremer.jpg

if so, I'm still wondering why the bottles weren't simply re-oriented with the large one in front instead of creating a mounting bracket? couldn't the hoses have been simply crossed below the bulkhead to feed the correct master cylinders?

what am I missing here?
    keith

r gruppe # 436

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Davis View Post
    I found a mate on ebay for the big bottle. Neat to have them both with the Lockeed text. Now just need to figure out what the metal band for each and some more cleanup on the bottles...
    nice, yellow ones - are they translucent or opaque?
    keith

r gruppe # 436

and along the same lines; does anyone have good advice on how to age the pristine white plastic of the repros? I've had them on top of our shop fence in the sun for 4 days now, with no real satisfying result... :/
    keith

r gruppe # 436