Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW! Has the early 911 bubble finally Burst?

WOW! Has the early 911 bubble finally Burst?

Seems like a LOT of early 911's on the market and for much longer!
    For a while there, if an early "S" was listed it was sold in hours - at top dollar. Now it seems nothing is moving so quickly and supply and demand has changed a bit. The flippers can get cars now for a song - but no Buyers The days of asking the moon and stars are over. Those sellers with early "T's" asking 25-35K are dreaming. Those "S's" which were selling easliy for 50-70K last year are not moving now. Granted the Gems will always command top dollar and those with deep pockets are not as affected by this economy.

The American Economy has finally caught up to a lot of people. The cost of Fuel, stock market, and housing market in America has many people watching every dime. Seems like the only thing saving the market is the Europeans buying up these cars at 50% off!!

Now I'm sure this thread will spark a huge debate, especially since most of you have a huge stake in this market with your early "S" cars. Simply put, this is a buyers market right now.

Bruce? .....
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

The bubble hasn't burst; it's like a balloon on Monday that you blew up on Saturday - deflated and wrinkly but still holding air.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Europe

The bubble in Europe is also, taking air. Yea, BP is circa $2.00. and the Euro $1.70. This eonomic period has Worldwide effect, NOT specific to Porsches. Local Hotrods ( American) are getting pounded even harder. Not to worry, it will get much better, soon !
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Even though I own a few early S cars I do hope it tanks, I WOULD be a buyer.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

source

The bubble bursting began in California. There was an article in the Wall Street Journal about it yesterday.
    http://online.wsj.com/public/article...057552873.html
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Quote Originally Posted by p-cars
    Seems like a LOT of early 911's on the market and for much longer!
    For a while there, if an early "S" was listed it was sold in hours - at top dollar. Now it seems nothing is moving so quickly and supply and demand has changed a bit. The flippers can get cars now for a song - but no Buyers The days of asking the moon and stars are over. Those sellers with early "T's" asking 25-35K are dreaming. Those "S's" which were selling easliy for 50-70K last year are not moving now. Granted the Gems will always command top dollar and those with deep pockets are not as affected by this economy.

The American Economy has finally caught up to a lot of people. The cost of Fuel, stock market, and housing market in America has many people watching every dime. Seems like the only thing saving the market is the Europeans buying up these cars at 50% off!!

Now I'm sure this thread will spark a huge debate, especially since most of you have a huge stake in this market with your early "S" cars. Simply put, this is a buyers market right now.
    On what data set is this assumption based?

I don't follow the Porsche market in general but it seems that the model that I like most, 65/66, are still selling for strong prices.

Just my $.02

Richard

Having a hard time finding a single 67S to flip!

Yes, prices will probably moderate a little..... but since restorations costs are so high I wouldn't expect a very high decline. Note that Tony's business at Autobahn interiors has never been better, but his cost of materials is rising.

I'm still looking for cars.....

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    I'm still looking for cars.....
    Eric
    Please note that mine is For Sale here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=21689

-Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

It think pricing truly excellent cars will stay remain strong as ever, howver there may be more scrutiny on what is now considered excellent. Average and below average values will soften in my opinion. When you consider the current economic enviroment we are in and then factor in the increased cost of any type of restoration effort it stands to reason that any car in need of work will be taking a hit. My $0.02
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST