Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PORSCHE at the Monterey Historics in '09

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    This is GREAT info Brian....

I didn't stay long enough to hear this yesterday....

Can't even express how good '98 was... if '09 is even close it will be another 'Must Meeting of the Faithful'

Man, am I glad I made my hotel reservations as I left yesterday.....

Cheers
    Hi Chuck (and everyone else),

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel/motel near Laguna Seca for the Historics weekend 2009?

Thanks
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

fantasy now reality.

The Redhead and I did the 50th gig. It was actually a PCA encompasing event. We took our bali blue 356 coupe. We were treated so disrespectfully by owners of the 99whatevers, Redhead was ready to leave and never attend another event w/ pca. The first week was 356 registry only and wonderful. Last year went to pca San Diego. SOS!
    If we can segregate into let's say early 911 and RGruppe, it can be a lot of fun.
    Duane Hyatt

Quote Originally Posted by southbay356
    But also way too many Alfas anf Formula Juniors and TransAm cars
    It seems to me that the early 911 was a Trans Am car of some repute when driven by Jerry Titus and Tony Adamowicz. And please don't slag on Steve Earle. Between Rennsport Reunion, ALMS, the Transsyberia Rally, and selling to the golf-and-tennis crowd, Porsche's new car marketing budget doesn't always reach as far as some of us die-hards would like. Steve Earle knows more about Porsche heritage and where the cars are than most of the folks currently over at PCNA. There were easily as many INTERESTING Porsches with competition provenance actually RACING this year at the Historics as there were in the race groups at Rennsport III. Just wait until next year!

Formula Jr's

Quote Originally Posted by southbay356
    But also way too many Alfas anf Formula Juniors and TransAm cars

Well this year is the 50th anniversary of the Formula Jr Class. Despite the intent to make a class for inexpensive open wheel racers, the result was expensive, delicate cars. Some of the Ford (Kent, 3 main bearing) based engines will turn 11,000 rpms!..... for a while. They have their following amongst racers.

johnt

Quote Originally Posted by Bummler
    The book on Earle is he's not much of a Porsche fan, Ferrari's are more to his taste. He has to put up with us because we're such a dominant part of the constituency that he feeds from...

My .02 cents...
    His wife has a 356 Speedster, seems good Porsche content to me.

Richard

The announcement is now on the website.
    www.montereyhistoric.com
    Where does the Early S gang stay when in Monterey ?
    I would like to start making accomodation enquirys/bookings as soon as I can to 'avoid the rush'
    PM as necessary.

TIA
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bummler
    The book on Earle is he's not much of a Porsche fan, Ferrari's are more to his taste. He has to put up with us because we're such a dominant part of the constituency that he feeds from...

My .02 cents...
    I didn't make it to Monterey this year. Last year I met the owner/driver/builder of this [very fast] Convertible D in the paddock. How many Steve Earles are associated with the Monterey Historic Races?

This is from the [downloaded] Historic Races Entry List:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet