Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Members

Active Members

Wow, currently 94 active users, at 6:34 Pacific time, only 34 members Are the dues too HIGH I do not think so!!! If we could figure out how to make the users members, we would have plenty of money to make sure that all of the board members who already work way to many hours, do not have to pull time in the booth at various events to make extra money for the club, so the club can meet the costs to keep this site the best one for the early 911 cars in the WORLD. Just my .02 cents worth
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Dues mandatory?

Is it getting to be time that dues are mandatory? Uh....that would be less than $40 a year, not going to break the Bank at Monte Carlo is it.

The whole spirit of the net is to be free but there are some pretty hard costs associated with this site not to mention I have glimpsed how hard Chuck et al have to work to keep us all in heaven. Seems like it might be time for a log in and password if some folks just can't paypal their dues once a year.

In the day when a toolkit is going for $1400 sure seems like $37 is a bargain.

That's interesting...I've talked to quite a few early 911 owners that come to the site off and on, but don't join because they don't have an "S". Some have "Ts, Es, and just plain 911s". They think its only for "S" cars.

I got to say, I didn't join for a long time, because I thought the same thing...no "S".

But now I spread the word that erveryone is welcome...if you have an early car, this is the place to be.

John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

I enjoy all the information I get from this site, even though my '68 is a plain-jane Normal.

I decided to get off the fence a couple years ago and send my money in (thanks for the whole PayPal thing--easy). But one thing I have noticed is it's a challenge to find out when your membership expires. I don't know if it's listed anywhere in the User Profile, and even the last issue of the Esses I received didn't have the expiration date printed on it.

I try to watch it, but I'm rapidly becoming an old fart, and I was already a little forgetful years ago (it was the late 60s, early 70s...I think...it's hard to remember)
    Roger
    68 Sand Beige 911 Coupe #11830091
    84 Moss Green 911 Carrera

[QUOTE=John Straub]That's interesting...I've talked to quite a few early 911 owners that come to the site off and on, but don't join because they don't have an "S". Some have "Ts, Es, and just plain 911s".

Same story with me. It took a while to realize you can
    join without actually owning an "S" car. I still can't bring
    myself to put the Early 911S Registry decal on my 912
    though.
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry

It may be the Early S Registry but imho all are welcome. Paying members even more so.
    Someone asked me if it was alright to come to the "Rally" next month in something besides a Porsche. I laughed and told them I didn't care if they showed up in a Yugo (good luck) as long as they came to have a good time!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Again a few folks will speak up and say 'of course i don't mind paying; c'mon guys!' but the majority (apparently 2/3 at the time of sampling) quietly say 'no thanks, i'm getting the milk for free'.

If you want their money the only option, IMO, is to offer goods they are interested in buying. Beef up the 'storefront' AND make it more conspicuous.

The customer has spoken and the statement is "the incentive is not great enough".
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Hey Alan,

There is also a 912 Registry if you are interested.

A lot of good members in TX.
    Dale Thero S Registry # 200

Marketing by Attraction.....

Are we marketing by attraction? I would say presently yes.

Should Early S's marketing be more overt? Should the visitors be receiving a marketing piece soliciting membership?

Can we limit the number of times a person can visit for free?
    Sort of a sip of the milk but if you want to drink you have got to pay!
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Dale- I already have the 912 Registry decal (and
    Lone Star 912). I still get a ton of useful info here too.
    Alan Domme
    Austin, TX
    '68 912 coupe
    '16 VW Golf R
    Early 911S Registry #1361
    912 Registry