Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Rgruppe Palm Springs Weekend (aka: Pines to Palms Run)

Thumbs up Annual Rgruppe Palm Springs Weekend (aka: Pines to Palms Run)

This years RGruppe run out to Palm Springs is going to be held the weekend of Nov. 14-16 (Fri-Sun)
    I'll be heading out Friday along with my social coordinating team (Gloria & Sheila) Any one who wants to come on out and get the weekend rolling early with us is highly encouraged to do so.

I will be doing a mini run Friday before I actually roll into P.S. - at the end of which I plan on finding the most hole in the wall roadside diner to have a nice lunch at. I'll be posting add'l info on that as well....

All the other usual details will be following shortly, the important thing to do now is block off the weekend of Nov 14-16 !!!

Stay Tuned !!!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I've got dibs on the air matress at the Sheila and Dave's.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Gburner
    a new race track for PS, F1 too?
    http://www.grandprix.com/mole/mole20786.html

Hey everyone...just a quik update....I have info below for the hotel that will be our home base this year. We're still finalizing the the details for the Resturant though. My social coordinating team is very excited about what they have lined up...so bear with us, I can tell you the hotel of choice this year will be the freshly renovated Holiday Inn of Palm Springs,

http://www.hipalmsprings.com/

We have 10-guest rooms for Friday night and 10-for Saturday night. With that said, if you wish to book a Saturday 1-night only stay, we were able to get a $149.00 (net) rate based on double/single occupancy. For individuals that wish to stay both nights, the guest room rate will average out to $139.00 each night. The city room tax is 13.5%.

We have also indicated to our Holiday Inn point of contact that we might need a couple suites, hoping that some kind hearted entertainer in RGruppe wants to host our traditional pre-dinner cocktail party, as our usual Awesome host , Eade will be unable to be with us this year. That being said.. prices range from $199.00 to $279.00 each night, depending on size. There are a total of 20-suites available and can have been offered the 3-AAA discount on the suites. There are two end unit suites with a connected wrap around balcony and a simply magnificent view.... These are the $199.00 units and it would be totally cool to have them both, for that "cool midcentury modern" wrap-around vibe!!!

So that's all I got now....so book your room NOW!!! We have until October 14 or we loose our reservation because this is "peak time" in PS and and they can charge a lot more $$$ to last minute travelers who just drop in wanting a room. PLEASE - we don't want to loose our reservation because of procrastination.

Our reservation is under: RGRUPPE PORSCHE CLUB (ask for this)
    Holiday Inn Palm Springs City Center
    1800 E. Palm Canyon Drive
    Palm Springs, CA 92264
    ph. 760.323.1711

If you incounter any glitches or problems, Our Official Point of contact is:

Barbara Lyons
    Director of Sales
    Holiday Inn Palm Springs - City Center
    1800 E. Palm Canyon Drive
    (760) 323-1711-ext. 4

If you need to contact her no worries, she's really nice and on top of things. Mention you are with the R GRUPPE PORSCHE CLUB and you'll be set up.

.....now go and book your room (or suite !!!)

Thanks,
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thumbs up The run & Breakfast burritos....

The official run will be taking place SATERDAY NOV 15 leaving at 0900 SHARP - from from Our Super Palm Spings hosts (and RGruppe member #444) Sheila & Dave Bohman....This is the same place that we all have had the extraordinary post-run brunch in years past.

THIS YEAR H'ver....we will be having some killer locally home made breakfast burritos for us to fill up on BEFORE we depart, But I warn you - Be finished with yours by the end of the drivers meeting (start of mtg: 0830 SHARP) so try & grab your burrito off the table at 0800 or so...plenty of time to go about then...

Since I am not rich (yet...) I will be collecting the usual $10.00/per person upon your arrival that morning, after which you will get both your burrito & fixin's, and your route map.

After the run you are free to come back to Dave & Sheila's for a casual post run "de-brief" and cool down - we highly encourage this so as to be able to spend just a tad more time together immediately after "the run" while we all still have theat awesome sound of our flat sixes screaming in our heads.

Or...no worries...just go straight to your room at the Holiday Inn shower, nap....chill, before cocktails & dinner!!!

Stay tuned for the final details of our Saterday evening agenda.......
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Hi everyone....I hope you all had as great a time at Treffen '08 as I did...whew!!! a whirlwind of a weekend!!! But now that we're all back and settled into catching up on things I wanted to remind you that if you have not booked your room at the new Holiday Inn Palm Spings.....PLEASE do so ASAP!!!!

We have been advised by our hotel contact, Barbara Lyons that we have until October 14 to book all our rooms. After that we loose any remaining rooms that we have blocked out for us and they go back into the pool of available rooms for the general public.

Don't be left out !!! Go back to the top of this thread and make the call !!!

Fyi.... Our Saterday evening dinner will be held at a very unique and special place.....reservations are at 7:30pm......

http://www.copleyspalmsprings.com/

This is way cool......and way classy.

I have been told it will run about $85/per person tip included. Specific menu choices are still under discussion and will be finalized in the upcoming weeks, so stay tuned. Dinner $$$ will be collected just prior to the drivers meeting along with a 10.00 donation for that mornings pre-drive breakfast burritos.

So rest assured that you'll be leaving on the drive with a full tummy and plenty of energy to drive some great desert roads......

Don't forget....book your room !!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Copleys rarely disappoints. Sounds like you have put together a top notch weekend. Be safe and enjoy!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Exclamation Head count needed asap !!!!!

Hi everyone, I hope you have your hotel room booked.....

We have less than a month until November 14-16..... So as the title says, please post here and let me know if you are going - and if you have a guest (wife g/f, buddy etc..) and if you plan on going to dinner with the group - this is real important !!!!

Gloria & Sheila need to start getting a grip on things and your notice of participation is what we need to make sure this come off as smooth as in past years.

So PLEASE, CHIME IN and post. Let us know what's up, o.k.?

Thanks so much,
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Count me....

out...

I'm sad to say I can't swing it this year. Everybody have a safe and FUN time!!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Palm Springs..."heads up","feed-back","chime-in"...

Allright....I'll stick my neck out......to enable most of us in L.A.to participate from the beginning...i.e in the burrito-party on sat morning...we almost have to go to P.S sometime on Friday...that means ~$280.00 + tax for two hotel nights....in addition "opinions have been made" of Saturday dinner at $85.00/person beeing a little "heavy" (and I'm one of them!)..i.e $170.00 for two...a "few" bucks for Gasoline, refreshments and other "nutrients"...means we're looking at a ~$600.00 + something-weekend...the driving&burrito-fee is perfectly fine and a total bargain!...Maybe we'll consider what Lehman bro's should have done a long time ago...Hold back a little...One suggestion is to leave the "dinner-portion" off the schedule and let it take it's own course...i.e we'll find something...maybee take out "pizza" in the parking lot....Okokok...I'll stop now...

P.S...sixhundredbux...it's almost a hoodbadge,furchristsake....
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314