Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Garage

Mike
    Excellent garage set up, a real inspiration for me as I am upgrading my own garage. Unfortunately, I have to store more than Porsche gear in it, so it will not be near as "purpose-built" as your garage.
    SCOTT

Gagen, nice slot car track!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Are those TruDesign wheels, or Lindseys, or something else?

And are the lift ramps made out of wood?

Beautiful garage.

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by a911s
    Gagen, nice slot car track!
    Next time you run an SCCA event in San Diego come by for some track time.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow Mike, I have not seen a track like that since Hobby city when I was a kid!
    You added that since my visit a few years back.

Cool!

Erich
    Early 911S Registry #263

Nice work. What model Bend Pak do you have? Are the ramps to lift the car over the lift? Do you have a standard 8 ft roof?
    I do have a standard 8ft roof, and the ramps are the only way to get anything short of an SUV over most scissor lifts. I started with a simple arrangement of 2x12's laying flat and bolted together, but I needed to decrease the approach angle so I came up with the new design. PM me if you want the lift info, I have the receipts with model number, cost, and where I bought it, but I need to dig around my office to find them.

Are those TruDesign wheels, or Lindseys, or something else?

And are the lift ramps made out of wood?
    Hi Jack,

Those are 17" Lindsey's. You're familiar with the car as it actually was Troy's as of just recently, and now I'm the proud owner. ('88 backdated BB tribute)

The ramps are in fact 2x4's screwed and through bolted together standing on edge. That was the best way for me to control the approach angle. Definitely a necessity with a lowered and corner-balanced car and a scissor lift.

Thanks for the compliments.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Next time you run an SCCA event in San Diego come by for some track time.
    I will!

I still have a slot box full of cars/parts/controllers. I last participated in the 2004 USRA Scale Nationals.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked
    Hi Jack, Those are 17" Lindsey's. You're familiar with the car as it actually was Troy's as of just recently, and now I'm the proud owner. ('88 backdated BB tribute)
    Glad to see that car went to a good home.

My garage, and rally plate collection
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Rob Abbott

Rob, that lift is great, could you share with me / us some info on it, like supplier, type, etc?

Thanks
    Henry