Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Garage

Here's a more recent photo. The Blue Dog is gone, the Ducati got modernized, and the frame in the foreground is a 1969 Sportster that my dad's been hanging on to (in boxes) for the last 30 years.

-Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Penske`s garage

We couldn`t take photos and couldn`t find any on the web,but when I went to the Parade in Charlotte, we visited Penske`s RS Spyder center.WOW doesn`t begin to describe it.It is 300,000 sq. ft.of Ceramic tile floor with the cars and 4-6 18 wheelers under one roof.Simply the best on earth.Don`t miss it if given an opportunity.Tom
    Member:S Registry #864

Putting the finishing touches on my new garage as I type. I'll post some pic's once I get the race car over here.

Here's one shot.

This is from my basement attached garage . Heated and epoxied floors make working on the cars much more enjoyable. Still cutting the timbers for the "shop".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Don't forget to put in a urinal. You don't want the wife knowing how much liquids get consumed while in the garage. Coming into pee all night looks bad.
    72S, 72T now ST

great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa
    Don't forget to put in a urinal. You don't want the wife knowing how much liquids get consumed while in the garage. Coming into pee all night looks bad.
    I have a few friends with the great urinal in the shop. I have it in the plumbing to do it too...

FYI, from what I understand some building codes don't allow??? them for residential buildings...
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Here's a shot of my modest suburban 2-car laboratory. Has seen its fair share of jack stands and grease/oil stains.

-Mike
    EarlyS #1320
    '71 T/RS LWT 3.2L

Thanks

Thanks for all of your great comments and pictures.

So far I'm framed in with the floor poured. No underslab lift but I did get the in floor hydronic heat which will come in handy in the PNW.
    RSRacer

2000 996
    1993 RS America (Track)
    1973 RS Lightweight

I built a hanging tire rack between the garage doors. It's a great out of the way place that takes up no floor or wall space and doesn't interfere with getting in or out of the car. Plus it holds eight wheels and tires!

Custom built (by me) ramps allow a nice & easy entrance and exit from the garage and allow perfect clearance over my Bendpak scissor lift.

Tire rack:

Custom built ramps:

Here's my father-in-law helping me get the lift situated. You can see the tire rack in this picture too:

Another shot of the tire rack (also hung the vacuum here which is AMAZINGLY easy to use now):

-Mike

Nice work. What model Bend Pak do you have? Are the ramps to lift the car over the lift? Do you have a standard 8 ft roof?
    72S, 72T now ST