Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Great looking car mate!

You have captured that moment. Congraulations on a well executed car..
    H

"Captured that moment..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Morrissey View Post
    Tom, I can really appreciate that Olive in natural light. Looks fantastic.
    Hi Mark; Olive is an interesting color. Ken, who painted the car, says that it's in the same range of color with Bahama but with ochre pigment added. As you point out, it certainly takes on a vibrant hue in natural light. Jim pointed out to me how the Olive color loves black in counterpoint and all the fresh seals and rubber trim really set it off, to say nothing of the black rocker decos. As you can see from the attached image, there is still a fair amount of detail missing: rubber locks, tape decos on the bumpers, lightweight hood crest, wipers, seats, etc. And, don't forget the Talbot. But, alas, there is no Prototipo on this one.

Chuck: Thanks for the compliment. It really does look fresh and crisp in that image.

911_S/T: Thanks matey.

Harvey has of course put his finger smack dab on that spot to which we hoped one day to arrive.

If this project "captured that moment" we are well pleased indeed.

Thanks Harvey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Flunder; 01-21-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

I agree - Olive color looks great. Fantastic car!!

Tom

That open pipes CT drive is coming ever closer.

Can't wait
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Tom:

It is truly a work of art...there is no other way to describe it for me. The labor-of-love factor that it takes to do a project like an true ST is everywhere evident not only in this thread, but in the finished car as it sits there in that snow covered lot. Your thread and this car have been an inspiration for so many enthusiasts around the world who have vicariously lived through your build of this iconic sports purpose 911, and learned from your detailed postings about the factory practices and documentation for this very special period in the history of the 911. We are all grateful for your efforts and in admiration of what you have achieved with this project.

Gib
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Gib could not have said it any better. The car is stunning, and a true source of inspiration and admiration for what you've done and how you have shared your knowledge and experience with us all. I have scanned this thread countless times and love it every time though. Rolling art.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Another hot rod

Wow tom, that's NICE, gives me the chills just looking at it,,,,,hmnnn, is that from the car or the snow
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Tom

Gib & Nick have just summed up my own sentiments perfectly. Thankyou for continuing to share your journey building this car with us all.
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076