Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage stopwatches and rally stuff

Vintage stopwatches and rally stuff

With interest in classic vintage chronographs, is anyone collecting rally gear? Stopwatches, timers, hub-mount odometers, Curta calculators?
    Here's a few I've found over the years, would love to see others that might be collecting dust.

The Meylan and Omega dash clocks are typical of the period and identical to Hanhart or Heuer products, even made by the same companies.
    The plastic dash mount with the Omega is 1967-72. More common (and probably for good reason: stronger) are chrome steel "fingers" that screw into the dash,
    or a plate mounting 2 or 3 watches. Repops have become available lately. Hanhart makes a very attractive set suitable for the vintage tour crowd.
    The Minerva timing board has one clock that's the wrong size & model. I'm looking for another like the center watch.
    The Hanhart control timer is the split time type.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Wow, great pieces! You have a very nice collection. I have a Type I Curta calculator with a 42,XXX serial number that is in MINT condition. I had it for sale in this thread.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=curta
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thanks, t6dpilot... this small accumulation is limited mostly by my budget.
    That very nice peppermill of yours, for instance: it would be hard to convince my bride how important it is for me to have it.

Here's an amazing, very fairly priced piece I missed completely (sold on eBay for under $700):
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

I've been following this pair on EBay - $1975 with 4 days to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190267579500
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

stopwatch

Time waits

I've been following this pair on EBay - $1975 with 4 days to go.

Jim:

This is an unusual pairing of Heuers: two Monte Carlos with jumping hour discs, both with tachymeter faces, but one is a "three button" and the other is "two button".

Both are lovely looking watches but the three button is early style up to '67 while the two button is '68 and later version.

Note that the faces show small differences in font size and layout of numerals.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Rally Master Set

The Rally Master is the gold standard for on the dash time pieces. A Rally Master is comprised of two watches, one Monte Carlo paired with a Master Time.

Here is a '68 and later Rally Master.

Note that this pair also features a '68 and later two button Monte Carlo with a tachymeter face and the later Master Time with numerals one through twelve on the face.
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Tom, that's interesting. If you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have noticed the font and numeral difference. That pair brought $2550, not bad I guess considering a non working Sebring brought almost $900 recently.

That pair that Russ posted is a beautiful setup from a purely aesthetic point of view, and more what I had in mind.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Wink Super Autavia plus Monte Carlo

I recently purchased this set. Do you think that the combination of the Monte Carlo timer with a Super Autavia instead of a Master time clock is more valuable or less valuable? and do you think it is an original pair?

I'm curious to hear your opinion!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Wink Gubelin!

It says "Gubelin", a Swiss retailer for the Heuer brand. I'll post better pictures once I receive them. Thanks!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com