Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage stopwatches and rally stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    I had a custom mount made up that I designed which slots into the original radio knob holes of the dashboard; I just unbolt the original Blaupunkt and screw in the bracket to house the timers. A neat, changeable solution. Cheers

SK
    Clever installation. I will also have to design something practical that could be easily removed (by me). One can't be too careful leaving 15K worth of Heuer timers on the dash of an unattended vehicle.

A longer quad plate is, well, really long and does not easily fit in most car dash areas. The Triple-Plate, those are a perfect size and the reason why they are in such demand when wanting to use three timers. I also have other things to consider, using a HALDA Twinmaster and I have yet to figure it all out for location and brackets. The installation will have to look very period original and MUST also be clean and practical for their intended use.
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 06-01-2014 at 10:54 PM.

"OnTheDash.com" regarding S.A.V.I.C. Read starting "Afterwards – June 15, 2011".

"Quote from OnTheDash"...
    The exclusive importer of Heuer watches in France over these decades was S.A.V.I.C. (which stands for something like “Societe Anonyme Vente Industrielle de Compteurs”, meaning that SAVIC focused on industrial stopwatches [perhaps comparable to Fisher Scientific, in the United States]). SAVIC was a strong importer for Heuer in the early years, but was less successful in selling the self-winding watches that became popular in the 1950s. Mr. Heuer remarked that Breitling was more successful than Heuer, in terms of selling watches and chronographs in France. The fact that Heuer sold relatively few watches and chronographs into the French market back in the 1960s explains why we see so few of the Fab. Suisse markings today.

A photo of my Heuer S.A.V.I.C. factory matched set on its double mounting plate.
    <!-- END user desc -->
    Heuer Master Time 8-Day & Monte Carlo 3B Rallye Timer Set SAVIC eBay Mex - Arrival Photo 01.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 06-01-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Heuer Split Second Pocket Timer

Just added this Split-Second pocket timer to the collection...

20140611_152805.jpg

Heuer 1-5 Split Second Chronograph Pocket Timer - Arrival Photo 02.jpg

Heuer 1-5 Split Second Chronograph Pocket Timer - Arrival Photo 03.jpg

Heuer 1-5 Split Second Chronograph Pocket Timer - Arrival Photo 05.jpg

...and now looking for the Heuer carrying case. Do you know anyone that may have one of these available for sale?

Heuer Chrono Pocket Watch Carriers 1280dpi.jpg

I can be reached via email AJSERRANO at MSN dot COM - Thx!~
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 06-12-2014 at 05:53 PM.

One more set, a Heuer Master Time Factory Matched Set in remarkable condition and perfect working order, just arrived from Germany.

DSC01323a.jpg

The Seller went out of his way to fabricate the small wooden box, a nice touch...

DSC01328a.jpg

The timers were further protected in bubble-wrap for extra insurance.

DSC01329a.jpg

DSC01334a.jpg

I'm done buying Heuer's for a while...

DSC01333a.jpg
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 06-12-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Just thought Id drag this back to the top with a few that I currently have, moved on a bit since my last post in this thread where I only had a quartz mastertime and one Monte!

IMG_20150203_163122948 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

Split second timer:

P1010405 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

Two 3 button Montes, note the stuck hour disk on the LH one, Ill strip this one down for a service soon (I also do all the work to my watches)

P1010406 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

Super Autavia on a triple plate:

P1010407 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

Twin set of later RH pusher Autavias, perfectly matched:

P1010408 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

And potentially the crown jewel, a NOS rallymaster set, boxed with paperwork, in a very rare matt black finish.

P1010409 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010410 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010411 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

P1010412 by victorkristiansen, on Flickr

Some of my Rally / track (original no.52) stuff on display here. Lets not forget (Halda) what you really see in 70's/ 80's cars. Real metal Twinnmasters are not for the beginner collector.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914