Thread: Porsche Automobilia

Nice post Ed
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

+1. Knowing Paris and the property prices there: understandable but sad. I'm more of a book collector but really love this thread!!

The shipping prices when ordering on the site are different. For some reason only expensive options can be chosen.

DHL International Express
    (2-4 days)
    22 EUR

FEDEX
    (overnight shipping / 1 day)
    35 EUR
    EUROPA

DHL International Express
    (2-4 days)
    22 EUR

FEDEX
    (overnight shipping / 1 day)
    25 EUR
    DEUTSCHLAND

DHL Maxibrief
    (1 Tag – nicht garantiert)
    5 EUR

DHL Express
    (1 Tag bis 12.00 Uhr garantiert)
    13.90 EUR

Collecting automobilia is an illness without a cure: I'm sure that, soon or later, maybe changing topic, Milou will come back....

How right you are Lorenzo!

And I thought quitting smoking was difficult.....but this is twice as hard.... I regularly find myself browsing "vintage Porsche" on Ebay before realizing that I'm trying to quit.....and that I have my own sale coming up in two months.....ridiculous....

On the positive side, I'm now looking at Pre A 356, Speedsters, 1967 911 Soft Targa......

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Milou, if you want an original speedster they are all beautiful. The pre A's in original form however drive like primitive Volkswagens. The best driving of the speedsters in original unmolested form is for sure the T2. I have had eight speedsters over the years. Pre A through T2 and my favorites to drive have always been T2s. I still have a 58', 84742.

VW generalvert.furOsterreich, Porsche K.G.-Salzburg

QUOTE=Carl Bauer;475932]Anyone know anything about this?[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...932#post475932

Getting back to memorabilia, Carl Bauer asked on post #483 on 08/24/10 about a 'towel' that had printed: "VW generalvert.furOsterreich, Porsche K.G.-Salzburg'
    This is a towel that was handed out by VW importer in Austria which happened to be the family of Louise Porsche (sister to Ferry, married to Anton Piëch) in Austria. They handled both VW and Porsche in that country. You will see that exact towel (but in much better condition) on the last photo I posted on page 79 (bottom) of this thread. I am currently using it as a soft surface background to display my 356 era key fobs and aluminum Pre-A model designations badges at my Colorado garage. In the fifties, sixties and seventies, it was common to see these type of towels for sale inexpensively (or free) at dealers & gas stations all over Europe, usually with some type of publicity printed on them. These were used back then as we now employ microfiber towels - for wiping the interior of vehicles.

Attached is a photo of the last one I obtained in Europe back in 1978 on a visit to Switzerland at a Shell Station 'Parking Mon Repos' in Lausanne! I have not seen them in the last 20 years in Europe, but perhaps someone that lives there can chime in. Gasoline stations in Europe have been always a source for me of interesting period pieces - such as your country ID plate that was once required upon travel to any other European country outside your own! These markings - D for Germany, I for Italy, etc - where standard fare in most early photos we saw of European cars in the 1950's and 1960's! With the modern EU plates which identify your country of origin automatically, that is no longer a requirement for member countries. But I have a collection of these ID plates, going back to the 1930's, which are all very interesting!

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Eduardo,

Any idea how old the towel is? The bug they use in the image seems 50's era.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    Milou
    Eduardo

All I can say is, a guy goes away for a couple of days and its like

HOLY CRAP.......look at all the goodies !

Astounding stuff.....Holy Grail for Porsche lovers.....I have a LOOOOONG way to go to reach the levels I have seen attained here. Not that I am in any sort of competitive race here for the most, or rarest. It just blows my mind that such variety exists in the world of all things Porsche. WoW.

Thanks all for the enlightenment, the photos, the passion. It is what drives us all....the Passion. It just takes different forms . Different paths into each of our hearts.
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Bauer View Post
    Eduardo, Any idea how old the towel is? The bug they use in the image seems 50's era.
    I don't know for sure, Carl. The bug is certainly 50's era but that could have been portrayed that way for nostalgia sake (it could have been their logo from that early era). As you all know, Porsche K.G.-Salzburg existed as an operational entity well into the seventies (remember that the first outright Le Mans win was Salzburg's!) but in the 1950's the official name of the VW importer in Austria was 'Porsche Konstruktionen GmbH', not 'Porsche K.G.-Salzburg'. So it would be nice to know when that change in name took place - late 50's or 60's?. It all ended up being re-organized as 'Porsche Inter Auto', but that didn't happened until 1977. Perhaps some of our readers in Austria can fill us in as to the dates when this towel was in vogue in lovely Osterreich!

Saludos,
    Eduardo