Page 79 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Automobilia

Thomas,

I received your catalog today and am blown away by its quality, not to mention the breadth and depth of your collection.

Best wishes for the auction!

Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thumbs up

This poster is hanging in John Willhoit's office......

Being a Ritchie Ginther, and the whole 'G in motion' fan.......I have never seen this simple graphic promotional poster that means SO much .... ever.....

It just knocked me out !!!!!......

BTW - I do own the patch......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

Frank Barrett at toadhallbook.com had one of these at the Lit Show and Swap Meet. He might still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    This poster is hanging in John Willhoit's office......

Being a Ritchie Ginther, and the whole 'G in motion' fan.......I have never seen this simple graphic promotional poster that means SO much .... ever.....

It just knocked me out !!!!!......

BTW - I do own the patch......
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Back to Porsche Memorabilia, Milou is correct in stating how rare some factory luggage truly is. He talks about the special custom-shape cloth bag which Porsche sold in the fifties until 1961 to custom-fit into the slanted-shaped front trunk of their early 356's. They made two types - in leather and also in a tartan plaid fabric cloth. Milou has examples of this rare 'tartan cloth' front luggage referenced in two links at his thread:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...omobilia/page8 Go to his post #78

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...age#post452731 Post #399

I had both types of luggages but recently sold the cloth one (see photos below) for one simple reason - I was getting paranoid! For 20 years I worried that some hungry moths were going to put holes in it if I displayed this beautiful cloth luggage in my garage or home. I used to stuff it with countless 'moth ball' repellents, but those things would melt into nothing in record time while giving the entire space an 'old attic' type aroma! I finally got tired of worrying about it and sold the cloth luggage to a good friend & fellow Porsche collector in Colorado. This is the other side of memorabilia collecting - the worry factor if some rare part might deteriorate or get damaged!

Saludos, Eduardo
    Carmel, CA
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Milou I sent you a PM.

Joe
    joegt3cup@att.net
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Re: 1960 Salesman's Orientation Manual

Back to Porsche Memorabilia and continuing interest & views for this wonderful thread (which I hope is made a sticky). As I spend hours last week looking through every post, I noticed a couple of items that I think merit further comment. The first one I want to talk about is something described as 'Salesman's Orientation Manual ca. 1960'. It is first posted by Jerry H. (Type901) in post #68:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...omobilia/page7

It was next brought up by Milou in post #502 in talking about stuff he found at the 'Schorndorf 2010', the Straehle Meeting in Schorndorf, just outside of Stuttgart:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...mobilia/page51

As displayed in both photos, this is not an authentic factory literature piece! This was a recompilation of period Porsche instructions & correspondence to Porsche salesmen in the US that was reproduced by Mike & Robbin Keady in the early 1990's and put into those 'new', non-period plastic binders. To my knowledge, it was sold as a reproduction at events like the LA Lit Meet & advertised in the '356 Registry' magazine at the time. Regardless of its reproduction status, the information contained is extremely interesting. For example, it states the many issues Porsche had at the docks with missing tool kits and other items the factory used to ship with the cars from Germany.

Mike and Robbin were established fixtures in the NorCal 356 scene by the time I arrived there in 1986. I remember buying an old Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo radio from them at the first ever swap meet I attended - the famous Carlsen Porsche meet always held back then in early August at their old Palo Alto address (it's history now). Besides this '1960 Salesman's Orientation Manual', Mike also reproduced a small plastic bottle with oil used to lubricate keys which was often included in Porsche 356 glove compartments at the factory & at dealerships back when. Some of these bottles were also supplied with early 911's but with different color caps and often without instructions. These reproduction were always easy to spot because he supplied them in a square box with cut-out foam which made a nice presentation. But the copy machines back then were also not as good as they are today, so the tiny instruction manual attached by a string to the bottle was not the best reproduction! These 'bottle' sales were more controversial than the '1960 Manual' since often people that bought them were not really aware they were re-pops and often displayed them at 'Concours' as original.

The Keady's were early 356 'pickers' and they bought/sold hundreds of 356 in the many years they were active in the Bay Area 356 scene. Mike always like to keep a souvenir from each car he found & sold, so he accumulated quite a bit of rare memorabilia which he often displayed at swap meets just for the fun of it. He never sold any of his gems until almost his last days - when they moved out of Watsonville, CA and settled in Prescott, AZ (I think). Mike was a very knowledgeable 356 guy, especially when he was sober and in good spirits. But he had a darker side which finally caught up with him in Arizona. Sadly, he was gunned down in a hail of bullets by Deputy Sheriffs and SWAT teams after a family quarrel ended in tragedy! I missed them both in our hobby. Those were the good-old days in the pursuit of Porsche Memorabilia in California!

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Carmel
    Last edited by Z356; 03-20-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Went to the Techno Classica yesterday, although for the first time I was a seller....

Edmond Harris (again!) was selling near NOS SWB Porsche mud flaps.....Damn, I have been searching for a pair for years in vain...so for old times sake I bought them

I think I'll mount them on the 911S.

Lots of great cars, but I was particularly impressed by an unrestored one-owner 1966 911:

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Dan there was one on ebay not too long ago.. BIG money though.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Was there ever fitted luggage sold by dealers for mid-70s G-series Porsche in 1974, 1975, or 1976? I don't recall ever seeing them in any brochure, but perhaps they were still available?
    1974 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1975 Turbo 3.0 | 1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI Sondermodell | 2012 Cayenne S
    GONE >> 1975 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1977 Turbo 3.0 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 | 2004 GT3

Dan,

I bought one of his '65 911 posters. I too had the same feelings but I talked with him and his dad worked for Porsche at the time and he had a number of them as new. Beautiful colors...

Send him a message and ask for a deal. I did and got a good one. I got some Porsche wrapping paper thrown in too!

Name:  IMG_2844.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  117.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I remember seeing a "restored" one for $800 a year or so ago... then in the last few weeks there was one listed by a guy with no feedback using pictures off the internet. He swore he had it and posted other pics, but I didn't trust it. He lowered the price a few times to the point where it was almost worth the gamble, but I couldn't do it. It's no longer listed. Honestly, I'd be just as happy with a repro, but I don't know if anybody ever made them.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390