Page 83 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Automobilia

Thomas/Andrea -- just curious... How many bidders were physically in attendance? The way prices jumped, it looked like a lot of the bids placed were actually absentee bids. Thanks.

We were about 100 in the room with 20 or so active bidders, but clearly lots of written bids and bidders on the phones!

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Is there anyway to contact the owner of item 3028, the Lesonal paint sample booklet.

A paint sample for Porsche color 30736 Kastanienbraun (Maroon) has not yet been seen or published.
    If it is in this sample book it would be a good thing.

thank you.
    I didn't buy it, but I might have it in my stash of color books. I'll check and advise.

E

Top 10

Cornpanzer, you're right, I felt that the posters didn't raise a lot of interest, although the Swedish rally one made a strong price. The focus was pretty specific with every manual or publication relating to rallying/racing going strong.

While some prices were high, certain items were available at reasonable levels. I was actually pleased with the result of the ST Wicky car, but thought the Targa could have made more. I don't think one should read too much into it, the market remains remarkably strong across the board (the two 911S ....).

Here are the Top 10 prices for the Automobilia, including buyer's commission:

1. 356 Silver Plated Trophy, 1962 Euros 17'700 ($ 23.000)

2. 911R Manual 1968 Euros 14'280 ($ 18'500)

3. Porsche Original Dealership Folder, 1954 Euros 8'300 ($ 10'800)

4. Porsche Dealership Sign US Version, Sixties Euros 7'600 ($ 9'900)

5. Porsche Dealership Sign European Version, 1960s Euros 6'500 ($ 8'500)

6. A Pair of Sport Recaro Seats (recovered) for 1972/1973 models, Euros 6'069 ($7'800)

7. A Set of 356 Leather Suitcases, 1962 Euros 5'300 ($ 6'900)

8. Porsche Dealership Sign European Square Version, 1960s Euros 4'800 ($ 6'300)

9. 910 Manual 1968 Euros 4'800 ($ 6'300)

10. Heuer Rally Timer, Late Sixties Euros 4'700 ($ 6'100)
    Last edited by Milou; 05-13-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Milou what in your opinion were bargains? For instance I think the Porsche coin 1962 was a good buy and I had expect the sleds to sell for more since your two are the only one's I have ever seen.

I enjoyed your auction, it gives some good reference prices.

Richard
    Last edited by preS; 05-13-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Hi Richard,

You're right about the coin and the sleds. Some posters (such as the 912) went below what I thought they could fetch and also some sample and color binders. When selling a collection with hundreds of lots, you need to look at the overall figure, as you can't expect every lot to go sky high.

Here is one I thought was cheap selling for about $ 200 (including fees):

I've always liked the ceramic pieces (plates, lamp, boxes, smoker set) and those remained reasonable, perhaps they were period accessories too far removed from the actual cars....

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

A great auction experience indeed. From 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with a lunch break. Strong prices for many items but some bargains too. I was astonished for the low bidding on the 356 towels/napkins sets: 3 sets were offered, all sold well under my valuations. Unfortunately I bought my set last year when just one was available....
    Ceramic items were also interesting and I'm extremely happy with the Club Berlin big plate and pot. Unfortunately the Ulmer Keramik salt and pepper set went over my budget, so I'll keep on hunting for it.....
    Posters in Milou auction were not expensive (apart from Sweden rally), maybe framing was not an incentive. Non framed poster in the standard auction made stronger prices.
    About the cars, remember that non Swiss bidders have to add taxes and V.A.T. on the total value, ( for an Italian bidder that means 31% more) so I think prices were really strong.
    It was a pleasure being there for this great event, meeting Thomas and my italian friends.

PS: it was also the chance in the life to see and touch one of the greatest Porsche automobilia item, a unique model. Stay tuned....

I personally think that it took a great deal of courage and conviction to do that, sell it all without reserve and let the chips fall where they may. It looked to me that there were some items that could have gone for more and some that went for a lot, on balance it was probably right where it should have been.

It would have been worth the trip to me to just have seen it, all the items and the people bidding on them, but I had a prior commitment that I could not get out of. Really a shame, I'd love to put some faces to the names of some of the fantastic people I've "met" here. And I would have bid on more:-)
    Last edited by 88cs; 05-14-2012 at 09:38 AM.

The Holy Grail of Porsche models

As I announced, I had the privilege to see in person one of the most iconic piece of Porsche automobilia.

I think most of us are familiar with this image
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not in auction, not for sale, and not mine ( )
    Attached Images Attached Images