Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage racing on TV

Vintage racing on TV

DSC HDTV.......a nicely done 1 hr show of a team racing vintage AM's ......DB 4's I think.....alot of in car footage. Crank up the surround......

I wish they showed more of other cars/teams as well.......

http://dhd.discovery.com/tv-schedule...710.121612.0.0

I saw it! Absolutely FANTASTIC!!! DB4's dueling with 911's, GT-40's, etc.

Wow. Spa in the rain and taking Eau Rouge in a 45 year old car.......at night.......GULP!

In High Def and highly recommended.
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

That was very entertaining. It seems as though DSC HD theater is showing a lot of the same sort of content lately that made the original Speedvision so good. Hopefully they will continue along this path and not sink into the pimpmyuniquenopidriftrod mode.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

tv

pimpmyuniquenopidriftrod......good one!

+1 Jim. I agree that the "new" Speed Channel suxs. I miss all the racing that they used to show.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Thanks! I've just set Autotune for Saturday's showing.
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

Thanks for posting. The DVR is set to capture - hopefully this will be the beginning of a trend if they get sufficient viewers.

Spread the word to other classic BBs you frequent to bolster viewership....
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

That was a jaw dropper right from the start. The sights, the sounds. Oh my, the DB4GT. It's in the top 5 of my favorite cars list. And Spa. Gosh I love that track. It's amazing how the European approach to vintage racing differs from over here. They really, really go. I was totally mesmerized the whole show.
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

HD Net/Smithsonian Channels also

If you have the HD packages from Dish or Direct, there are more and more HD Channels that have vintage cars/car racing programs:

Set your DVR's to:

Smithsonian: World's Finest Cars (assortment of collector cars) - Goodwood Race Car Legends (Goodwood Revival documentary) - The Supercar Story (collector cars with Simon Kidston)

HD Theatre: Mille Miglia documentary - Chasing Classic Cars - The Ralph Lauren Collection (documentary of the Ralph Lauren Cars that were at the Boston Museum) - Ultimate Car Show (Pebble Beach Week..auctions and shows)

ESPN2: RM Auctions in Monterey

HD Net used to broadcast in HD Le Mans..you notice things you NEVER saw no matter how many times you have seen it previously...to be rebroadcast early 2009
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe View Post
    If you have the HD packages from Dish or Direct, there are more and more HD Channels that have vintage cars/car racing programs:

Set your DVR's to:

Smithsonian: World's Finest Cars (assortment of collector cars) - Goodwood Race Car Legends (Goodwood Revival documentary) - The Supercar Story (collector cars with Simon Kidston)

HD Theatre: Mille Miglia documentary - Chasing Classic Cars - The Ralph Lauren Collection (documentary of the Ralph Lauren Cars that were at the Boston Museum) - Ultimate Car Show (Pebble Beach Week..auctions and shows)

ESPN2: RM Auctions in Monterey

HD Net used to broadcast in HD Le Mans..you notice things you NEVER saw no matter how many times you have seen it previously...to be rebroadcast early 2009
    Still not married, eh?