Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage racing on TV

European Versus American vintage racing.

"It's amazing how the European approach to vintage racing differs from over here. They really, really go."

Can't let this go by....I'm English born, raced for 30 plus years across Europe and America and there is no difference in the talent and driving ability between the two. I've spent the last two years racing in historic Sports/GT at the highest level across both continents, I'm that lucky!

Somehow, America has received a reputation as "not really Racing", when it comes to the vintage/historic scene. Nonsense. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that, given the much longer track time one gets in America, some American drivers would "whip the ass" off quite a few noted Europeans!

Merry Xmas, everyone.

John Starkey

I don' t have cable, but I know you can get this on DVD...

www.spiritlevelfilm.com (the same folks who put out Rendezvous!)

no affiliation, etc.

whats in your DVR?

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Still not married, eh?

Eric, I only posted the shows and channels so you would stop watching Bravo and Lifetime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Quote Originally Posted by RC70SCoupe View Post
    Eric, I only posted the shows and channels so you would stop watching Bravo and Lifetime
    You forgot Oxygen and HSN!

e

Le Mans in High Def

HD Net used to broadcast in HD Le Mans..you notice things you NEVER saw no matter how many times you have seen it previously...to be rebroadcast early 2009

Every month the High Def channel HDNet sends me the movie lisitings for the month. Just to see if anyone really does read those replies to requests, I would write asking them to rebroadcast Le Mans.

Well, this was in todays email:

Hi-

Check the schedule in April and May of this year for dates and times for "Le Mans."

Thanks!

I guess they got tired of me writing We'll see if they are serious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Good racing on television...

Dakar highlights every nite on Versus...6:30 ET

Glad to see someone is covering it again!!! This is truly an awesome event, give these racers all the credit in the world.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by PJenkins View Post
    Good racing on television...

Dakar highlights every nite on Versus...6:30 ET

Glad to see someone is covering it again!!! This is truly an awesome event, give these racers all the credit in the world.

Peter
    Peter, thanks for the heads up, it's on in 15 minutes!

Matt

Le Mans in HD in April

Every month the High Def channel HDNet sends me the movie lisitings for the month. Just to see if anyone really does read those replies to requests, I would write asking them to rebroadcast Le Mans.

Well, this was in todays email:

Hi-

Check the schedule in April and May of this year for dates and times for "Le Mans."

Thanks!

I guess they got tired of me writing We'll see if they are serious

Le Mans in HD will be broadcast in April on HDNet. If you don't have the channel, you now have time to order it. Seems HDNet was true to their word

http://www.hd.net/movies_search_resu...tosearch=title

NR
    Year: 1971
    Cast: Steve McQueen, Siegfried Rauch, Elga Anderson
    Director: Lee H. Katzin
    Synopsis: After nearly dying in an accident the year before, an American racecar driver returns to Le Mans, the world's most famous and dangerous race, ready to put his Porsche against his rival, the Ferrari.
    Run Time: 1:48
    Air Dates: 8:00 AM ET / 5:00 AM PT - Sat, Apr 4th
    2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT - Mon, Apr 13th
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255