Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spark plugs for a 67 normale??

spark plugs for a 67 normale??

Please forgive me, I've searched, and trolled the postings but I cannot find a definative answer on what are the appropriate spark plugs for my 67 911? The car is used on the streets and up mountain roads, no track time. Many thanks in advance....interested in options and availability. Pelican sez NLA.

Tom
    SF
    1967 911 Normale

Regis turd ab user
    NGK B6 or 7. The lower number is a hotter plug, run the hotter plug if in a cooler climate and moderate RPM.

I run 6's or 7's in my carbureted 2.7, both perform great, inexpensive and available at your local parts joint.

David

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/part_fi...gineid=1474898

911N plugs

I used Ngk BP7ES in my 67 911N with no CD and they worked very well.

Many Thanks!

Guys, that is the info I needed...I've read that you should not use the wrong plug, which is sorta helpful if you know what the *right* plug is! Now I do, thanks for the quick response!! cheers and Happy Holidays! td

67 911 normal plugs

The NGK site shows the corrrect plug to be B7ES. What is the differrence between BP7ES? Also, why are the Bosch plugs typically used so much more expensive -- about $15 each?

Thanks

John

Because they are German as it a Porsche.
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

P

The P signifies a projected insulator according to NGK.

67 plugs

Thanks for the feedback. With NGK indicating B7ES being the correct plug, I wonder if the "projected" version may cause piston interference. I'll get a set and check it out. Tahnks again.

John
    64 356
    66 911
    67 911
    69 912
    71 911
    77 911 3.2 track

Bp7es

BP7ES will not interfere with piston and was recommended by Performance Products over B7ES although I dont really know how it affects operation.

Hi guys...

thanks for all the comments, just talked with one of the techs over at Pelican, and he says he prefers the NGK 5 over the 6s or 7s - number BP5ES-M220, and has for years. I guess that is a hotter plug? - and so I ordered up a set. I'll let you know what I find out...and how they work.

td