Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 67s colors

Endo, I like that car, terrific color combo!

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

yellow

I have a Bahama yellow 67S and I thought Signal yellow when I read the first post. I am leaning towards Signal yellow for my car [my Belgian blood?]also as I dont see the attraction to Bahama yellow. Alans 67S looks more yellow than "Bahama" and I have thought of mixing the color more yellow than brown. Color choice is SOOOO tough. Good luck, Rick

Going with Signal Yellow. Spoke with Jim Newton and John Paterek. When painting one of the lighter colors, primer color is critical. Apparently since lead was eliminated, paints are more transparent so a gray primer, for example, kills a color like signal yellow. Best to use very light primer or tint primer to as close to base coat as possible - also best to keep extra primer or remember what primer was used if repairs ever needed. Amazing.
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Hi,

I agree signal yellow is also a great colour, but I also like Bahama. I think the lights in the work shop make it look more yellow in my previous picture.

eg

and outside

Alan

PS. Andy, yes the lid was originally black under the grill but with this car the entire shell was stripped and painted body colour bar the correct interior black areas.

Bahama definately looks more correct for a 67...IMHO.

The 67 colors seemed to fall into more earth tones rather than bright and flashy. That being said, my Targa is signal yellow and I absolutely LOVE that color!
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar
    Signal Yellow is a good choice for track or street. Remember that the base sealer coat color will effect the shade of yellow that you get. This is due to yellows being so transparent. Ask me how I know...

Dark sealers will make the finish dark and lighter sealers light. NOTE: Always spray all the panel with the same sealer color and at the same time.

just an FYI.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations