Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Abbott

Very cool; would love to know.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I will try and find out. A friend of mine did a lot of work on the car.

Kenik, I have lots of detailed photos if you ever want to see them. Some cool bits/details but also too over the top for me.
    '67 911S
    '69 911S
    '70 911ST
    '73 911T Targa Signal Yellow
    '78 911SC backdate EFI 3.4 turbo
    '11 Spyder
    Early S#1097, R-gruppe #

Quote Originally Posted by endo911rs View Post
    I will try and find out. A friend of mine did a lot of work on the car.

Kenik, I have lots of detailed photos if you ever want to see them. Some cool bits/details but also too over the top for me.
    We want to see them!
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Quote Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
    Anyone know what this car went for?

http://www.russoandsteele.com/collec..._/40-1767.html

"This vintage original color silver 1966 Porsche 911 race car was built on a rust free Arizona chassis. The original body parts were used. The car still has the correct original engine block. The car was totally stripped down to the metal shell where acid etching primer was used and the interior was coated with Rustolim paint. The small amount of plastic body filler we found was all metal finished or leaded in. The front fenders were rolled around a steel rod for added strength. All deco molding holes front, rear and sides were welded in. The front and rear suspension parts were stripped and then had a baked on aircraft finish. All front a rear wheel bearings were replaced as well as installing all Weltmiester poly bushings front and rear. Weltmiester racing torsions bars were installed front and rear along with 23MM adjustable sway bars. Rear engine mounts are the latest WEVO version. Front brakes have air ducts as well as diverters along with RS alloy style ATE brake calipers and competition pads. Koni double adjustable shocks were installed, the front are larger in diameter than inserts because we used factory struts, rears are also double adjustable. The shocks were rebuilt custom for this car. Master cylinder is one millimeter larger (23) than stock and was added from an early SL Mercedes Benz. Porsche 901/13 5 speed transmission with factory short gears (1st A 2nd E 3rd I 4th N 5th X) and 7/31 ring and pinion factory Quafe limited slip differential. Clutch is a Center Force. The transmission work was completely rebuilt by Dick Aubele of Frazier Park, CA.
    Large 17 gallon Fuel Safe racing gas tank. Weltmiester upper control arm bushings, front chrome camber truss. Front steering mount control arm, late model aluminum style. Complete drawn over Mandrel roll cage built to spec from a 1999 Porsche GT3 race car. Two Sparco seats with two 5 point seatbelt harness. The black belt in the driver's seat is new stock and current to 2011. The steering wheel is a Porsche 917 style silver Momo with a Momo quick release hub. The rear window is scratch resistant Lexan. The rear quarter Lexan windows. The front or transmission mounts are factory sport style. Lemke Terbatrol brand front oil cooler. R style front and rear tail and turn signal housings. Engine was built by Redline Service with all modes and to 40 overbore specs. 1969 911S valves were used not the 2.7L trimmed down version that a lot of racers use. Car now has a pair of Weber 46MM carburetors and PMO manifolds. I also have the original Solex carburetors and manifolds along with a pair of carb rebuild kits. These will also be sold with this car. The cams are from Web cam. The heads were ported by Competition engineering with J&E Pistons. We also are still using the original (matching number) 2.0L engine case 901/01 and upper valve covers that came with the car The car now has under 1000 miles of break in time. The car will be taken to Bondurant for testing by senior driving instructor Mike McGovern or Bob himself. Wheels are 1971 911S 6X15 Fuchs that have been redone like the very early Fuchs alloy wheels. The paint on this car has been treated with Echlon Armor Glaze Coat protective coating which is an extremely hard protective. It is also an ultra slick clear coat that resists chips. (never needs waxing) The front bumper, lower rocker panels, and the rear bumper panels have an added clear rubberized chip seal for rock damage. This is the perfect car to dominate the historic/vintage race circuit. This car was judged on November 1st 2008 at the Phoenix Region Porsche Club of America Concourse De Elegance it took first place (321.9 of 325 possible points) "

Answering my own question: A reply from R&S
    "This car did not meet the consigners reserve.
    The high bid was $95,000. It is still available."

The reason I was curious, I am starting a 911R inspired SWB project, and the costs are about what I'd pay for a new 997. I know you have to pay to play, but question whether the value of the final product makes any sense. Yes, I know I'll have more in it than its worth, I just don't want to be completely upside down.

I think $95,000 was a very strong bid. Wonder what the build cost, and reserve was.
    Rob Abbott

No matter what it cost to build, $95K is over market for a '66 hot rod, no matter what level of detail went into it.

I have a beautiful center lube '66 I'll sell you for half that.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    No matter what it cost to build, $95K is over market for a '66 hot rod, no matter what level of detail went into it.
    Rats, I was hoping '66's might have become the new 'S'.

There's some nice stuff on the car, but nothing really over the top $100K nice.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478