Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reproduction LWB Door Pockets?

Reproduction LWB Door Pockets?

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com...73-p20296.html

Is anyone familiar with these Reproduction LWB Door Pockets .... Fit? Finish? Quality?
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

Try Lakewell.com I think they are about $980 + shipping. The seem to make them for retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by johns4949 View Post
    Try Lakewell.com I think they are about $980 + shipping. The seem to make them for retailers.
    Thanks for the tip.

Anyone have any comments on fit, finish, overall quality?
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921

I bought a set and wasn't satisfied. I ended up returning them. Everything was just a little off - fit, finish, quality. They just looked like repros. I think you'll be much happier with a set of good originals.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    I bought a set and wasn't satisfied. I ended up returning them. Everything was just a little off - fit, finish, quality. They just looked like repros. I think you'll be much happier with a set of good originals.
    Thanks for your input. I had my originals redone a couple of years back. The passenger side folding pocket is already warped so that it doesn't close flush with the bottom of the armrest.
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921

Other sources in US?
    Roy Smalley
    member 877

member #1515
    Someone needs to make these out of ABS instead of fiberglass or cardboard. Just as with the 74 and on pockets, I bought some fiberglass ones that I didn't bother to use, I then found some made of ABS, they have been on my car for 7 years and are still perfect. Once covered indistinguishable from originals.
    Cardboard absorbs moisture and just warps, like the originals. Fiberglass is too imprecise.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    Someone needs to make these out of ABS instead of fiberglass or cardboard. Just as with the 74 and on pockets, I bought some fiberglass ones that I didn't bother to use, I then found some made of ABS, they have been on my car for 7 years and are still perfect. Once covered indistinguishable from originals.
    Cardboard absorbs moisture and just warps, like the originals. Fiberglass is too imprecise.
    Thanks David, are the ABS ones you sourced still available for purchase?
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921

I agree. If you can get the ABS pockets professionally recovered, flocked on the inside, and use correct vinyl and original aluminum trim, that'd be an interesting option.

FYI The ones that sierra madre , that carpoint , that lakewell , that porsche etc sells.. they are made of ABS ...

M