Thread: Seats

Seats

Richard
    70T 3.2 Max Moritz GP White
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

There are plenty of core seats around at 3000-4000 / pair and Tony at Autobahn interior will make them perfect for 2000-2500 / pair ; make the math...

I am glad I was not the only one too see this. Someone is practicing wishful thinking. I hope they do not sell for a price anywhere near the $9,995.00.

Is this part of the Obama bailout plan!!!!
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

not wishful thinking it reflects a reality we dont often wish to accept.
    a recent core set sold for $4000, there are not "plenty" around..still a premium on the real deal....(you can purchase repro's in leather for $2500 for the pair)

add $2500 for vinyl ...or $3500 if leather maybe more for the perf type
    he does say "concours" condition....which given the rare perforated bolsters is an added plus , to redo the consoles to 1st class add another say $1000
    add to that the cost of staying in business....this is a shop..
    I'd say pretty close .....a good retail price
    no one likes to pay retail so or best offer may be a fair buy for the right customer.
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

I could understand this price for NOS, a pair of seats that are original, that somehow have been preserved through time. This set have been recovered and have "powder coated" frames they are reproductions for all practical purposes. Did Porsche powder coat in 1970? Original unmolested examples may be worth the kind of money being asked, they would be truly unique.
    Richard
    70T 3.2 Max Moritz GP White
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

I have to concur with RS-GT. I recently purchased a set of core seats for less than $3,500. I am having them redone, and so with an outlay of less than $6K (including core cost), I have the seats done exactly as my car's originals (perforated leather, coduroy inserts). I think being able to choose fabrics / materials is important and make core seats relatively more valuable than some restoration that someone else did. Even if I was able to find a set that had been in climate controlled storage for 40 years, I would wonder about the durability of the leather and cloth.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S