Thread: Porsche racing book opinions?

Porsche racing book opinions?

Hello All,

I have been looking for Porsche 911 in Racing for a while now. I am thinking of getting it soon but I also will have an opportunity to get Porsche 917: The Heroes, The Victories, The Myth (Porsche 917-Die Helden, die Siege, der Mythos)
    By Jörg-Thomas Födisch, Jost Neßhöver, Rainer Roßbach and Harold Schwarz
    (Bi-lingual German/English)

I know the 911s in Racing book is great but I am wondering if anyone has seen the 917 book. Both are German/English text.

Can anyone share a sample image of each book? I am interested in photos and technical details. I already know the story of the 917 and the 911s in racing. The 917 book does say that it covers Can-Am, which I do not have much literature on.

Thanks
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

They are both very well done, informative works,....I refer to mine a lot for information and reference photos. "911 in Racing" particularly is full of good info & facts & results in anectodal form and goes into all the way into the 90s for a thorough overview of all the models Porsche dubbed 911s.

I am positive that you will be able to leaf through both of them at Bill Block's booth either on Saturday at the LAX Hilton at the Lit. Show or Sunday at the swap meet ( March 7th & 8th respectively) and decide which you will be buying. Books by Block is one of the treasures of the Porsche community. I buy most of my Porsche books from him.....and frequently at better prices than anywhere else. He specializes in out-of-prints and first editions. Permit me to put it this way: He's never not had what I was looking for.
    Cheers

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Thanks for the tip on Books by Block. I will see if I can make it to the Lit Show.

1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Forgot to mention that Block's e-mail is: blocklab@aol.com
    Actually the bulk of his business is done over the internet and the phone and he takes Paypal.

Best,

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers