Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragedy at Bernie Buschen's shop...

Tragedy at Bernie Buschen's shop...

Just picked this up off the R Gruppe board......

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stori....1285c672.html

For those who don't know, Bernie (Bernie B on this board) is a GREAT racecar restorer and maintainer and has atteneded most of the big Porsche events with his son Scott....

Our thoughts and payers go to Scott for a quick recovery, and to Bernie and the family......

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Added to our prayers. Get well soon......
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

They will also be in our prayers!!!
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

I'll add my thoughts and prayers. If the family needs something in addition to thoughts and prayers, please let us know.

Alan

This is a terrible tragedy and should not have happened to two such great guys. Our prayers are going out to Scott for a full and speedy recovery.
    Elvis has left the building.

Thanks for posting. I just got home from the shop after spending the day cleaning, removing burned matter, draining water from parts bins and drying/oiling parts. Some of the regular names were there including myself, Rich Lambert, Chris Nielsen, Randy Wells and a bunch of other racers and Pelicanites.

Overall, it is a mixed bag - it could have been better, it could have been worse. The worst is that Bernie's son Scott burned his legs and apparently one hand pretty badly and will be in the hospital for a while with 2nd/3rd degree burns. His face and body were apparently not appreciably injured, based on what a buddy of his who visited him this morning told me. His recovery won't be easy and we'll know more in the coming days.

The shop is still standing and in good structural shape. The shop's office was a total loss, as were the NOS 914-6 GT balsa/glass hood and rear deckid Bernie keeps in there for his car. There was a lot of smoke damage and quite a few parts bins melted and were total losses. His tools, machines and all cars are intact and in good shape, which means so is his livliehood, which is heartening. Overall, I think (totally unqualified, I might add), that the shop could be back up and running in a few weeks with enough volunteer help.

Bernie is going to need help, so keep your eyes pasted here for guidance. I believe that Chris and Jeff Higgins are working on a plan for next weekend.

Thanks for reading this and say a prayer for Scott.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

me and my family adding them in our prayers, wish I could do more

Prayers sent...
    Stuart Zeh
    sezme@aol.com

Thanks for the update Kenik, I've been thinking about them all day.
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

keep me informed on the next work party. i dont check this board much so please post on the usual other sites too. sorry i missed out on helping out this weekend. wasnt doing much but also wasnt online til last night when i saw the other posts
    Ted
    '70 911T 3.0L r-gruppe #477
    "Silence is Golden, but duct tape is SILVER.”