Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bahia vs. Polo vs. India (Guards) Red

Bahia vs. Polo vs. India (Guards) Red

After numerous searches here and on the Pelican 911 board, I've seen a handful of pictures of Bahia Red and Polo Red, and of couse a boatload of Guards Red. Trouble is, the Polos and Bahias are usually 35-40 years old and faded, so I can't really be convinced I know what they're supposed to look like.

So, my question is, how do these compare? Which is darker or lighter than which? Which is more orange-ish, which is more pink-ish, which is reddest? I really like the bright Ferrari red (rosso corsa, I believe)...which of the 3 is closest to that?

Pics would be great, if they show off the colors as they would look brand spankin' new. Thanks.
    Dave

I believe that Bahia and India are the same color. Both are more orange then Polo. Polo is a darker, deeper, (closer to burgandy) with more black then Bahia or India. I prefer Bahia to Polo, owned both colors.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

forget all that and go for Peru Red. Oh...yes
    Al Kosmal
    the X-faktory
    Current projects; 69-911.5
    76S rat bastard---off to Germany

1970 914-4...off to Wisconsin
    73 911X Cafe Racer...........(off to S.F.....now racing in Germany)
    66 912 ...off to France
    71E 9111200979 ( gone to Paris..then to Corsica)
    77S (off to NY)
    Early S #1240

RGruppe #669
    www.x-faktory.com

India red is the brightest of the reds listed. Bahia is a bit darker than India. Bahia was a standard color in '73 but India was a special order color.

Here's Clyde's Bahia RS.

Frank's India Red RS can be viewed by this link.

http://porsche911r.shutterfly.com/1012
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Yes Bahia is different to India. India definately closer to Ferrari red for sure.

As Brian has shown I have a Bahia Red RS. Kind of lloks like red with a bit of black added to it

I have seen Chris Romans Iwonderful India Red RS up close at Treffen and its lots brigther than my Bahia Red although it has been restored, but I don't think they would get the paint colour that far out.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

india red

here's my india red #751;there where only 16 india red carreras made
    Attached Images Attached Images    

It's tough because many Polo Red restorations are wrong (thanks to Curtis A. for pointing this out to me). Polo Red is a darker color. Bahia is brighter and India is brighter still, and Guards Red, well that's an 80's color!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

By an incredible stroke of luck, somebody in my region drove his recently painted Polo Red '68 912 to our local swap meet this morning. The car was originally tangerine. The Polo was definitely more red than either the Bahia or India pictures above (they look quite orange-y to me), so yeah it's darker but in the bright sunshine it certainly didn't look dark or anything close to burgundy. It might in the shade though. Very nice, rich red.
    Dave

Guards Red vs. Polo red

In both photos the car on the left is Guards Red, car on the right is Polo Red.

In the 1985-86 period there were two Guards Red on the books, one was more orange the other was little more blue. The left car shown below is the darker (less orange) of those two Guards Red.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Period correct Signal Red

The correct 1964/65 color Signal Red is the 901 car in front, a Guards Red in the back.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370