Thread: My first 911 - updates

My first 911 - updates

Closing down my WTB thread
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=23098
    since I already found a car and continuing it here.

Here are some of the pics when I first saw the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here is a pic of the car now after working on the oxidized paint. Some of the panels still need more rubbing. Got the dead batteries charged up and seems to be holding up. Drove the car around the other day and parked it and no oil leaks on the ground a few days later

More updates to come...

She's a plain jane with steel rims, no appearance package, 4 speed, etc.. but it match all my criteria: tangerine, CA black or blue plate, longtime owner, no rust
    and yet it has an electric antenna and a passenger side mirror. Always interesting as to why dealers/buyers requested certain options and omitted others

I see you went the deep six route.... nice car
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Holy cow, nice job on the paint! What a great color...and a great car.
    Rich
    1966 911 #303872
    ES#1197
    RG#478

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    and yet it has an electric antenna and a passenger side mirror. Always interesting as to why dealers/buyers requested certain options and omitted others

I see you went the deep six route.... nice car
    As far as I know the antenna is not electric. My understanding is this car was a European delivery so they are pretty bare bone. Not sure how the process works about adding side mirrors etc..

The fuch are a loner and are 14" diameter. I'm told right now my car is one of the lightest early 911 below the 69S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Lambert View Post
    Holy cow, nice job on the paint! What a great color...and a great car.
    It's amazing how some rubbing compound can do wonders. BTW - A friend of mine is very good at doing this so I leave it to the experts.

check pm.............................

New updated pics

Paint is still being worked on to bring it a live - it's getting there but requires a lot of work. More to come soon...

Drove it around a little more and it drives smooth at 90

Be careful with the paint. A friend had a tangerine 69T some 25 years ago and the primer was showing through on the roof due to polishing. I'd never seen that before.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Love it! Not even sure I would lower that one to euro height, it looks so "pure" as is.....