Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Esses Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by 2pt767S View Post
    You know Paul, it's not the image during, it's the image getting of up after reading the Esses. The beer balanced on the roll of toilet paper, after proper dispensing of paper, the Esses tucked under the arm. That leaves for two final tasks....
    you have to hold the glass in your mouth.

just DO NOT sneeze!!!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Exclamation Read this ...

OK, OK.......

Now that we agree that our 'new' ESSES is better then a fresh rebuild, and one of the best looking and reading club quarterlies out there, then how'bout having your own words and pictures in it...

We're asking, as Excellence, PANO, European Car and the others, to put YOUR car and story in our magazine. The difference is we're asking you to write it and take the pictures......

Yeah, for certain events our intrepid John Dilger is out there recording and snapping, but the majority of content in our news letter comes from you….

It's a chance for our whole readership, members and advertisers, to read about your car, trip, gathering, procedure, new product……. and related news.

Sure, this message board is a hot and instant way of getting stuff out there; however the ESSES have been this club and community’s chronicle and acting ‘document of record’ for almost 20 years… and here’s a chance to part of the history.

Please send all your words and pictures (in high res) to John Dilger at:
    johndilger@aol.com

Cheers,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

John already hit me up and my article will be in the next issue I must say that the new format is awesome and I am proud to be a part of it!
    1997 993 C4S, Not totally stock
    2015 GTI
    1991 E30 M3
    1970 911T, Lilly. Slate Gray 3.2ss PMO etc Sold!
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ect-lilly.html

Early S Register Member #1386

Agreed!! It looks and came out great. Fabulous effort by the registry staff.

You guys do a great job. Thank you!!!!
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

I'd like to piggy back on Chuck's comments based on recent communications from members seeking direction.

It seems people are interested in contributing but don't really know what to write about and since I do not consider myself a writer...I thought I'd give out some advice.

So you you guys read my Dyno Day at Hollerans Performance and New Year's Day articles in the first issue. Plenty of proof that I am an accidental writer at best. However I am the type of person that will gladly fall on my face in an attempt to run rather than not having tried at all...and standing there...leaning against something...or remaining on all fours...watching other people run.

Just think of some of your favorite movies like Pulp Fiction and tell a story out of sequence (Dyno Article) or a journal entry (New Year's Day article) or chatting with a buddy over morning coffee. It doesn't have to be long (half to one page Word file). Just let the words flow.

If at this point you have words but no pics because you don't take good pics - use the buddy system. Call in a favor from a fellow photo enthusiast member. I see some incredible talent on this board from all over and guess what one of their favorite subjects happen to be. Call them...buy 'em a meal and make it happen. If you're in NorCal...call me. I shot a car today in a fantastic location for a future article.

Here is the other thing that is SUPER important - we love the high-end-big money-built-by-best-in-in-the-business cars BUT we also love their counterparts. Daily drivers driven hard and put away wet with loads of patina and imperfect paint and rolling restorations are just as desirable content. DON'T EVER THINK THAT YOUR CAR WILL BE TURNED AWAY BECAUSE IT'S NOT ONE OF "THOSE" CARS. Someday I'll share my story of how I never use to park my car with all the others because it wasn't purdy.

In summary, it seems the concern is that members are not professional writers or photographers...perfect because that's exactly what we want. This is still very much a "home grown" publication. Hold on, no pics of cars with a partially wet drive-way and garden hose in the background.

One last thing...set your cameras to the highest resolution. Pics will be for print and not the web. I have a special site set up for large files. Our biggest challenge is people taking lo-res and small pics.

That's it. Gotta get back to work on the next issue.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com